Cannabis and Chams

jcgrigsby1

I was on a supplier site recently and saw that they had artificial cannibas plants for sale so it got me wondering if I could grow a cannabis plant inside of a chameleons enclosure. The conditions for a Cham are perfect for growing cannabis but are there any problems that may occur with the chams health.

i would not be surprised if it is toxic, cannabis has many oils. also, if they have cannabinoid receptors, your chameleon will have very bad aim if he or she consumes it

Jezz..............
Really people??? Im no square but why is there always someone who wants a pot plant in there cham cage?? Yes it would probably grow great depending on temps, lights etc. Sativas are toxic to animals. So be warned. But really, dont even try it.........

James, i think the reason people want to put pot in their enclosure is to save space and money. you can have your two loves - weed and chameleons - using the same room, and same lights, and still be able to fully enjoy both. but i agree, it is a very stupid idea

James, i think the reason people want to put pot in their enclosure is to save space and money. you can have your two loves - weed and chameleons - using the same room, and same lights, and still be able to fully enjoy both. but i agree, it is a very stupid idea

:rolleyes:

on a quick side note.... i have found a chameleon on a cannabis plant in the wild!
Flap-neckChamaeleo dilepis

i would not be surprised if it is toxic, cannabis has many oils. also, if they have cannabinoid receptors, your chameleon will have very bad aim if he or she consumes it

Yea I couldn't imagine it not being toxic... Most of the toxic plant lists out there are made according to toxicity to mammals such as cats and dogs and the cannabis receptor in cats don't allow for the destruction of cannabis oil in their body, so as they intake they maintain the level of effects for life... So I'm no expert but I think this would be a completely aweful idea... Plus the soil needs are way off if your doing it right :eek::p

I live in Arizona where it recently became legal to posses medial marijuana and grow it. A friend of mine is keeping two chameleons in the same room he has his plants in, and they're perfectly healthy.

I can't imagine it would be good to use a marijuana plant in an enclosure since the light cycles required to grow are different than whats required with a chameleon, and you typically have to use nutritional additives to the plants, which could harm chameleons.

So in the same room it's fine, but not in the cage.

Once saw 2 goats consume 5 weed trees that ranged between 6 and 8 feet each. And yes I am sure it was weed it grows wild on our farm. The goats were fine...but then again a goat could eat a tractor and still be fine

I would not suggest growing it in the same cage as your cham. Rather do it in a separate flex or something.

If the cham does get allot of it in it will slow him down allot. But it wont kill him.

The smell of a good plant will make you goofy by default.

I wish I lived in a state I could do that lol. I have always thought Chams and weed breeding are very similar in many ways. Lights, temp, nutrition, cross breeding, time scales. different flavors and crosses. I dont know why there is a stigma around pot. First thing none of the lights are powerful enough to put a plant through its full cycle. You need a lot of lumens. It would be much to powerful for a Cham I would think. Also I guess he could eat it and get loopy. I would keep the two away from eachother : )

The main issue I see here is that the plant grows very quickly, and you would be constantly changing the layout of your enclosure and stressing our your chameleon, and also the plant literally begins to die when it's ready to "harvest" the plant, so after 4 months you need a new plant.

The only benefit I see keeping chameleons near plants is the increased amounts of oxygen levels in the room, and the high amount of ventilation required in "grow rooms".

Wow what a debate........
Lets hook up the 600watt HPS bulb to the cage and find out what happens. My guess, cooked cham. Or lets keep our lady on a veg cycle and run the T5's 24/7. That should work. Crazy cham, Monster plant! Then we could clone her all day long.... Only OG in my Cages...
Blah Blah Blah!

Once saw 2 goats consume 5 weed trees that ranged between 6 and 8 feet each. And yes I am sure it was weed it grows wild on our farm. The goats were fine...but then again a goat could eat a tractor and still be fine

Goats are the most metal creature on this planet.:cool:

Goats are the most metal creature on this planet.:cool:

Ha when I was 5 my mom took me to our ghetto zoo, the damn jerk goat ate part of my shirt!!!:mad: Goats make me nervous still and I am 30:eek: bet they got a good buzz though lol!! Back to the post I know you said your not going to do it, JUST don’t!

Back
Top Bottom