Candled F. Campani egg reveals interesting implications

@javadi when you say your incubator malfunctioned. Did the thermostat just not shut off and continue to heat up?
Yeah, the thermostat malfunctioned and it kept heating up. Who knows how hot it could have gotten. Luckily I had a thermometer in there that alerted me so I could go and shut it off. It's been reported before in poorly made lower end incubators from Amazon. Mine worked fine for 6 months then had this catastrophic malfunction. Not a mistake I'll make again.

Yeah, the thermostat malfunctioned and it kept heating up. Who knows how hot it could have gotten. Luckily I had a thermometer in there that alerted me so I could go and shut it off. It's been reported before in poorly made lower end incubators from Amazon. Mine worked fine for 6 months then had this catastrophic malfunction. Not a mistake I'll make again.
Yeah I would never put eggs in the hands of Amazon 😆. Well good thing you had some sort of back up plan. After trying a Exo Terra incubator for a year with bearded dragon eggs and seeing how inconsistent. I didn’t want to take that risk with Cham eggs. I decided to build my own. And has been going strong for 2+ years now. I can’t recommend Herpstat SpyderWeb thermostat enough it’s very accurate and reliable. And just like your thermometer that gave you a warning ⚠️ the Herpstat will do the same and send you alerts.

Yeah I would never put eggs in the hands of Amazon 😆. Well good thing you had some sort of back up plan. After trying a Exo Terra incubator for a year with bearded dragon eggs and seeing how inconsistent. I didn’t want to take that risk with Cham eggs. I decided to build my own. And has been going strong for 2+ years now. I can’t recommend Herpstat SpyderWeb thermostat enough it’s very accurate and reliable. And just like your thermometer that gave you a warning ⚠️ the Herpstat will do the same and send you alerts.
I was actually using the incubator for a diapause of around 50 degrees. So I was thinking since it was more cooling than heating (and only a bit cooler than my room temp), it might have been less likely to overheat and go crazy. I might look into that, I have since moved to a simple wine cooler for diapause and a DVM exotics dual chambered incubator which I have been very happy with. Thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom