can you use clay pebbles under the substrate?

papercut2008uk

can you use clay pebbles, the ones used in hydroponics, under the substrate for a chameleon viv? or could they be toxic or cause health problems??

:mad:
can you use clay pebbles, the ones used in hydroponics, under the substrate for a chameleon viv? or could they be toxic or cause health problems??

You should not be using substrate anyway. It harbors bacteria and encourages mold growth. It could also impact you cham if it accidentally are some of it. Most people use a bare bottom or just use papers towels.

I always use those hydro balls in my terrariums. And yes I do keep two of my chams in terrariums.:D Also if you look at Josh's Frogs, a forum sponsor, you will see they recommend the use of hydro ball.

You will need a large terrarium for that girl as she will grow pretty large. I would use at least a 24, 24, 36. If you are just worried about eggs, you can put a laying bin in a screen cage if you want. Where are you located? That may make a difference in what type of enclosure you want.

Anything that is small enough to ingest but might be big enough to get stuck in the digestive/intestine system I would not use in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom