Can you help ID this for me?

you are correct, The hibiscus requires a lot of light. A good way around it is to keep two plants. one outside to get healthy and one in the cage until it starts to look a little drab. Then switch them

Ficus Benjamina and Umbrella (Schefflera arboricola) are what I use in all my cages. I do not believe that Rudis are big plant eaters so I wouldn't be to concerned.

Just stick to hibiscus, Ficus , Umbrella and Pothos

i found a pretty good site about the rudis that may help. I just found it so not to sure how accurate. I would ask if you have any questions.

http://www.rockymountainrudis.com/rudis/care/care_index.htm

I got alot of information out of that website! Well my (most likely not last) question is, even if you put 150 crickets and such in their cage, how do you know if the chameleon is eating enough (without watching for obvious signs of malnurishment like visible bones)? I mean the way I see it, if you put the juicy meal in the cage, wont they most likely just go into the peast moss in the bottom of the cage? Just an idea.

Mark

Also what size to buy? Ive heard to look at their profile (side of head) and its the length of its mouth from the side. Is that true? I just feed the ones I care for "large" crickets from the local pet store. Theyre abotu that size, so I guess its okay. Also, I forgot to ask about that coloration in my post with the pictures in it. Is that okay or should I be worried?

Mark

Last edited:
No one? One more question. Does anyone use fake plants in thier screen tank? If so, how do you keep them upright? You cant use any kind of suction cups, tape, glue, or any other kind of abrasive without harming either the chameleon or the structural integridy of the cage itself.

Mark

use fishing ine to secure fake plants, just make sure its tight against the mesh to leave no gaps.

eventually you can try cup feeding , putting the crickets in a low lipped cup were they can't crawl but can jump out will work.

for food, i thought the rool was no bigger then anything that could fit between there eyes, or the length of the mouth from snout to end of the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom