Can you feed Repashy Superload or BugBurger to fruit flies?

I know but I'm asking can it be fed. The ingredients of that fruit fly mix and the superload are almost the same, so I don't see why not
ITS TURNS WATTERY AFTER THE SECOND DAY ! AND IT MOLDS QUICK IF LEFT OUT IN ROOM TEMP . I MAKE MY OWN AND ADD A BIT BUG BURGER TO THE MIX . IF YOU EVER MADE BUGBURGER AND STORE IT YOULL NOTICE IT SEPERATES AND YOULL HAVE WATTER AT THE BOTTOM . THE SAME THING HAPPENS IF YOU ADD TO MUCH TO THE MIX . I ONLY ADD LIKE HALF A SPOON.

THERE ARE MANY YOUTUBE VIDEOS THAT SHOW HOW TO MAKE FRUITFLY CULTURE MEDIA .
I ENDED UP STICKING WITH THE ONES THAT ARE MADE WITH OVER RIPE BANANAS .

Last edited:
I haven't had an issue with my bug burger separating. I mix in superload/SuperPig which makes it a nice red orange color which is cool.

Simply put, yes, fruit flies will eat it, the media just works better. I haven't substituted it for the super fly, but I know the fruit flies flock to my roach bin and I find them on the food every now and then. Same is true in the house... the flies flock to pretty much any food product. The ingredients are similar, but the amounts are what will vary, as well as some minor tweaks to preserve or firm it up.

How do you make it

I DONT REALLY FOLLOW ANY MESUREMENTS BUT WITH ONE BANANA I MAKE TWO CULTURES .
FIRST MASH THE BANANA AND ADD A SPLASH OF VINAGAR THEN ADD THE CORN MEAL AND THE REST OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS TILL YOU GET A MASH POTATO CONSISTENCY , PLAY AROUND WITH THE MESUREMENTS AND SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU ! I ADD WATER WHEN IT COMES OUT TO DRY ITS BETTER TO HAVE IT A BIT WET THAN TO DRY ! AND I ADD THE YEAST ONTOP OF THE MEDIA FOR THE FLYS TO EAT .

OVER RIP BANANA -ONE WHOLE
CORN MEAL (MASA) -I ADD ACORDINGLY TILL LIKE MASH TATERS
VINAGAR -A SPLASH LOL
SUGAR -HALF A SPOON FULL
BREAD YEAST - I JUST SPRINKLE SOME ON TOP
cinnamon-HALF A SPOON FULL OR SO
WATER -IF ITS TO DRY ADD WATER
BUGBURGER- LESS THAN HALF OF A SPOON FULL
BEE POLLEN - I SOMTIMES ADD A BIT , I JUST SPRINKLE SOME IN THE MIX

I haven't had an issue with my bug burger separating. I mix in superload/SuperPig which makes it a nice red orange color which is cool.

Simply put, yes, fruit flies will eat it, the media just works better. I haven't substituted it for the super fly, but I know the fruit flies flock to my roach bin and I find them on the food every now and then. Same is true in the house... the flies flock to pretty much any food product. The ingredients are similar, but the amounts are what will vary, as well as some minor tweaks to preserve or firm it up.

I GOTTA TRY THAT ! WHEN I MAKE MY BUG BURGER IT ALWAYS SEPERTAES A BIT AFTER A COUPLE DAYS IN THE FRIDGE !THE CONTAINERS ALWAYS HAVE WATER AT THE BOTTOM ! IM I THE ONLY HAVING THAT PROBLEM LOL ???

EVEN WHEN I ADD TO MUCH TO MY FLY CULTURES I NOTICE ITS FIRM THE FIRST DAY I MAKE IT AND THE NEXT DAY I SEE A BIT OF WATER SITTING AT THE TOP !

Interesting...

Do you let it cool to room temp before sticking it in the fridge?

Do you put it in a baggie for storage?

I make my mix in an extra large measuring cup... I also make mine with a little less water, mix with a spatula and a whisk to make sure its thoroughly mixed. Once microwaved, I pour it over silicone ice cube trays... place either parchment paper or cling warp over it to cool. Once its sat and cooled down, I pop them out of the trays and put them in baggies. 1 tray to 1 bag.

I have noticed a tiny bit of condensation... but nothing to worry about. Everything eats some for of this mixture... from the roaches and crickets down to the isopods. Horn and silks get their own deal though...

I DONT REALLY FOLLOW ANY MESUREMENTS BUT WITH ONE BANANA I MAKE TWO CULTURES .
FIRST MASH THE BANANA AND ADD A SPLASH OF VINAGAR THEN ADD THE CORN MEAL AND THE REST OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS TILL YOU GET A MASH POTATO CONSISTENCY , PLAY AROUND WITH THE MESUREMENTS AND SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU ! I ADD WATER WHEN IT COMES OUT TO DRY ITS BETTER TO HAVE IT A BIT WET THAN TO DRY ! AND I ADD THE YEAST ONTOP OF THE MEDIA FOR THE FLYS TO EAT .

OVER RIP BANANA -ONE WHOLE
CORN MEAL (MASA) -I ADD ACORDINGLY TILL LIKE MASH TATERS
VINAGAR -A SPLASH LOL
SUGAR -HALF A SPOON FULL
BREAD YEAST - I JUST SPRINKLE SOME ON TOP
cinnamon-HALF A SPOON FULL OR SO
WATER -IF ITS TO DRY ADD WATER
BUGBURGER- LESS THAN HALF OF A SPOON FULL
BEE POLLEN - I SOMTIMES ADD A BIT , I JUST SPRINKLE SOME IN THE MIX

Back
Top Bottom