Can you cross breed mountain species?

What does the chameleon gain from living in a cage in your living room?

so your saying that we can do whatever we want with them just because we have taken them from the wild? are we going to take off their scales too? or make them uv light sensitive? or encourage inbreeding so we get some sick animals but with some nice colors?

F. Pardalis is the same too...but people cry hell when they're "crossed" Who knows what the actual gain could possibly be until its been tried? Maybe a cross that looks nicer?

For me personally, the beauty & attractiveness is in the fact that the locale is pure in the first place, as much as the look of the animal itself. Just something about the word "cross", that i find unattractive. At the end of the day, each to their own, but just not for me.

so your saying that we can do whatever we want with them just because we have taken them from the wild? are we going to take off their scales too? or make them uv light sensitive? or encourage inbreeding so we get some sick animals but with some nice colors?

When did I ever advocate for taking scales off or making chameleons UV sensitive? I'm just pointing out that you imply that the only thing that one should do with a chameleon is something that makes the chameleon gain something, and that we shouldn't do things for our own pleasure. Well newsflash buddy, keeping pets, we do for our own pleasure.

For me personally, the beauty & attractiveness is in the fact that the locale is pure in the first place, as much as the look of the animal itself. Just something about the word "cross", that i find unattractive. At the end of the day, each to their own, but just not for me.

Personally, I'd find it boring to see everything so uniform. Imagine nobody ever crossed dogs, how bland it would be.

Personally, I'd find it boring to see everything so uniform. Imagine nobody ever crossed dogs, how bland it would be.

Can't really compare the crossing of dogs to chameleons, but sort of know where your coming from. :)
But actually, getting a little off subject. Having had pedigree dogs & crosses all my childhood up to my late teens. Dogs are the one cross, that i do prefer. The mongrel dogs i had were way much better dogs than the pedigree ones.

When did I ever advocate for taking scales off or making chameleons UV sensitive? I'm just pointing out that you imply that the only thing that one should do with a chameleon is something that makes the chameleon gain something, and that we shouldn't do things for our own pleasure. Well newsflash buddy, keeping pets, we do for our own pleasure.

well man to let you see my point, this is what happen when people do this thing, for the "cool" hell I do think is cool with a snake with two heads, but cool doesn´t mean good or mean it should be done.
Here we have a species that come in all different range of colors, that comes in all sizes differents form, they even have horns, diffeent amounts of horns, they even change colors very drastically, there is no need to breed a blue one because there are already blue chameleons, there is no need to breed a 50 cm big one because there is already chameleos that are that size, there is no need breed one that is the sizes of your htumb because there is already on that is that sizes, you don´t need too breed a chamelon with 3 horns because there is already chamelons with 3 horns.
what ever you need there already is, there is no need to be doing this to the animals, just peak a chameleon that suit what you are looking for.
too cross breed, and such are no accomplishment, just look at the beard dragons, leo geckos, ball pythons, there are breed that make them the have loss of balance, almost like a epileptic attack, or retain moist, or even the vital ability to bask in uv light, people that counsily breed animals that have this problems just because their cool.
I don´t really want to see chameleons get Fck up like the other reptiles for morph breeding and such, chameleons with their enormous range of variety are perfect as they are, you want an animal with more or less horns peak an other chamelon species.

to damage this animals is not an accomplishment

well man to let you see my point, this is what happen when people do this thing, for the "cool" hell I do think is cool with a snake with two heads, but cool doesn´t mean good or mean it should be done.
Here we have a species that come in all different range of colors, that comes in all sizes differents form, they even have horns, diffeent amounts of horns, they even change colors very drastically, there is no need to breed a blue one because there are already blue chameleons, there is no need to breed a 50 cm big one because there is already chameleos that are that size, there is no need breed one that is the sizes of your htumb because there is already on that is that sizes, you don´t need too breed a chamelon with 3 horns because there is already chamelons with 3 horns.
what ever you need there already is, there is no need to be doing this to the animals, just peak a chameleon that suit what you are looking for.
too cross breed, and such are no accomplishment, just look at the beard dragons, leo geckos, ball pythons, there are breed that make them the have loss of balance, almost like a epileptic attack, or retain moist, or even the vital ability to bask in uv light, people that counsily breed animals that have this problems just because their cool.
I don´t really want to see chameleons get Fck up like the other reptiles for morph breeding and such, chameleons with their enormous range of variety are perfect as they are, you want an animal with more or less horns peak an other chamelon species.

to damage this animals is not an accomplishment

Basically, you have listed a bunch of reasons why you don't think chameleons should be cross breed. I understand that, and you are entitled to your own opinions. But, you tried to impose your opinion on others in the guise of "benefit to the chameleon".

You are pretty much stating "I don't really care that we take these animals out of their habitat and keep them caged up, with many people that can't take care of them properly and they die from diseases like MBD, starvation, dehydration, abuses in collecting/shipping, egg binding, stress, infections...etc etc. BUT, if they willingly breed with a species I don't want them to, it's abuse."

Basically, you have listed a bunch of reasons why you don't think chameleons should be cross breed. I understand that, and you are entitled to your own opinions. But, you tried to impose your opinion on others in the guise of "benefit to the chameleon".

You are pretty much stating "I don't really care that we take these animals out of their habitat and keep them caged up, with many people that can't take care of them properly and they die from diseases like MBD, starvation, dehydration, abuses in collecting/shipping, egg binding, stress, infections...etc etc. BUT, if they willingly breed with a species I don't want them to, it's abuse."

no, what I am trying to say, is if the animal already had made it to captivity it should be take care of, if you are going to have an animal take full responsibility to of it, I see people who as soon they purchase a species they one too breed it not even thinking or considering where the offspring may end up, to who is the animals been sold, to take full responsibility of your animals is too to take care of the offspring too. what I see, really few take full responsibility for their animals, they get one, see the next one get hot buy it and sell the old one, not even caring what happened to it or whatever and this goes on and on, how many people take and animal for their full life span? how many stops and think, " do I really want to have this animal?" many just take in this creatures and have an impulse to get others and others like they where some kind of gathering card or something like that.

and other exempel of breeding without thinking of the offspring is
people buying one of the over breed sepecies for a couple of bucks and the animal get sick, the person choses to not take it to the vet because it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

so it is not
"I don't really care that we take these animals out of their habitat and keep them caged up, with many people that can't take care of them properly and they die from diseases like MBD, starvation, dehydration, abuses in collecting/shipping, egg binding, stress, infections...etc etc. BUT, if they willingly breed with a species I don't want them to, it's abuse."

it is after we have done all this

"I don't really care that we take these animals out of their habitat and keep them caged up, with many people that can't take care of them properly and they die from diseases like MBD, starvation, dehydration, abuses in collecting/shipping, egg binding, stress, infections...etc etc."
are we even going an step up to fck the up the same way as ball pythons, bearded dragons and such?
where do we draw the line, when do we start to take responsibility of an animal we voluntary take in our homes? should it not be a good place to draw the line to start taking responsibility for it the moment the animal get in our homes?

and btw in recent years I have been appreciating the idea of traveling and see chameleons in the wild more and more

Back
Top Bottom