can this be fed to roaches

little leaf

Avid Member
if I grind it up in a blender, or should I pick out the white seeds - there is no salt, but I was not sure about the shells on the pumpkin seeds- I got it for me, but ahh- it taste like it should be roach food :p

Last edited:
Id get rid of the soy since it has to be processed pretty good for the human gut to digest it. The pumpkin seeds should be fine. I put high grade bird seed (no corn/soy/byproduct) through my old coffee grinder. The bugs just eat around the shells and use it for bedding.

PS: soy is 38% protein so it might be too high for the roaches to eat. If the roach gets too much protein it will store it as uric acid, and if your baby eats too much uric acid, they will get gout.

Id get rid of the soy since it has to be processed pretty good for the human gut to digest it. The pumpkin seeds should be fine. I put high grade bird seed (no corn/soy/byproduct) through my old coffee grinder. The bugs just eat around the shells and use it for bedding.

PS: soy is 38% protein so it might be too high for the roaches to eat. If the roach gets too much protein it will store it as uric acid, and if your baby eats too much uric acid, they will get gout.

ok, I will just put it in my bird feeder - lol I had a complete colony collapse a while ago- don't need that again - or gout :eek:
THANKS for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom