Can someone review my enclosure?

I have the thermometer that came with the reptibreeze cage. Also are we certain this is a female. I don't see any spurs but the veil looks a little big to be a female. I'm no professional but I want to make sure and get the correct answer. And yes I do have a few live plants coming in the mail soon so I will fill it out more once I can.
I’m 100% certain you have a female. Others will chime in, but this is a female.

Also what can I do for stuck shed. It's not around any toes or on the eyes so it's not threatening but he does have it covering one side of him and it's been there for a few days now. Plz help
Increase the humidity

I would say it is a female as well. About 4-5 months would be my guess. Looking at your husbandry you are making the appropriate changes to UV, the rest looks good.
OK too address issues. I would just take the plastic plants out. Beyond all else the scratch young soft skin and offer no benefit as the are uncomfortable to move through. Get more live plants, but don't go crazy. You will need to add plant lighting most likely but you plants should grow with your cham. At this size if they are in a quiet location for sure, but they like to climb out and above the plants, but need to have enough cove to duck into or hide be hind. Though it seems counter intuitive, hang the pathos to the front so she can hide behind it.
As mentioned in another month you will want to cut back on food.
Here is more info on female care https://caskabove.com/female-chameleon-care

To add the Humidity is OK it is high, but you are compensating with added ventilation. Night we want as close to 60f and 100% humidity as we can so you are looking good there. Don't worry about the shed unless it is causing a constriction around a limb.

I would say it is a female as well. About 4-5 months would be my guess. Looking at your husbandry you are making the appropriate changes to UV, the rest looks good.
OK too address issues. I would just take the plastic plants out. Beyond all else the scratch young soft skin and offer no benefit as the are uncomfortable to move through. Get more live plants, but don't go crazy. You will need to add plant lighting most likely but you plants should grow with your cham. At this size if they are in a quiet location for sure, but they like to climb out and above the plants, but need to have enough cove to duck into or hide be hind. Though it seems counter intuitive, hang the pathos to the front so she can hide behind it.
As mentioned in another month you will want to cut back on food.
Here is more info on female care https://caskabove.com/female-chameleon-care

To add the Humidity is OK it is high, but you are compensating with added ventilation. Night we want as close to 60f and 100% humidity as we can so you are looking good there. Don't worry about the shed unless it is causing a constriction around a limb.
Thank you so much for this information. My humidity levels go up to around in the 90s during night and that worried me about tail rot but thank you for reassuring. And my tanks always around 60 at night so thats good. I do have a new pothos plant I will put more in the front, also a monstera deliciosa I can add to the bottom for more coverage. Thank you for all this info again!

Back
Top Bottom