Can someone review my enclosure?

2134bean

Snapchat-601031183.jpg

I did buy the reptibreeze kit and so I have that enclosure with the heat bulb from it aswell. I bought an 18 inch arcadia T8 d3 linear bulb. He has an umbrella plant and pothos and more live plants coming soon. Also the feeding container for dubia and waxworms. Anyone recommend anything? My biggest problem is the humidity being a little too high.

So probably the most complete feedback we can give is if you fill out this form, and yeah! We can help correct other husbandry because as you probably know, (if you bought a linear bulb) the chameleon kit just does not work. It is a waste of money. Be sure to fill out the form in detail. Copy and paste it and then you can fill it out

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, not sure how old. I've had him for about 3 weeks.

• Handling - only when I am putting new plants or vines in the enclosure. And I just let him climb on me then put him on his orchid and watch him as I redo anything.

• Feeding - he is eating crickets, dubias, and waxworms? Around 10 insects a day? I try to feed mid-day? I gutload with apples, and collard greens.

• Supplements - i use Rep Cal calcium with no D3 daily but every other monday I alternate using Repcal with D 3 and ReptiVite.

• Watering - I mist the enclosure once when the lights go off and once when the lights come on. I mist for about 2 minutes because I live in alabama and his humidity is already very high.

• Fecal Description - his poops and urine look very normal, his urine is white which leads me to believe he is hydrated, he has not been tested for parasites.

• History - I did buy this chameleon from a pet store.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type
- I have the reptibreeze mesh enclosure that come in the repti kit. This is only being used until he gets bigger and is just temporary.

• Lighting - the heat bulb I have came from the repti kit, I did have to buy a new uvb, I bought the arcadia T8 linear 18 inch D3 bulb. I will be buying the T5 in a bigger size very soon.12 hours on 12 hours off. Turn on and off around 10.

• Temperature - my basking temperature is around low 80s in the day and drops to high 60 or low 70s at night. I have a temp gauge attached to the basking spot and any lower is just slightly colder for him to regulate his body temp.

• Humidity - my levels are around 50 to 70 during day and can get around 80 at night, like I said I only mist for about 2 minutes if that and only once at night and once at day. I have two digital hygrometer, one at the middle top and one at the bottom.

• Plants - I have a goldon pothos and an umbrella plant, I have a monstera deliciosa on the way aswell

• Placement - in my bedroom, we have a fan across the room by the door to help with ventilation, we have the tank on a table to raise it off the ground for comfort of the little guy.

• Location - Alabama.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

The high humidity, also just want to double check because I know chameleons don't really show signs of sickness until it's too late.

Please Note:

• The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

• Photos can be very helpful

He also has a bit of stuck shed, I figured my slightly higher humidity would help and it really hasn't, it's just on one side of him so I'm not too concerned but I want to help in any way I can, any advice?

That is what the pet store told me, and I can't really see them no. I figured it would take a bit longer for them to come in before I can see them.

Hard (for me) to tell if it is a male or female because we don't know how old it is... but just be aware if it is a female it will need some extra care.

Hard (for me) to tell if it is a male or female because we don't know how old it is... but just be aware if it is a female it will need some extra care.
Anything else you can mention with my husbandry that may need work? I am willing to do anything so that my chameleon is as happy as possible

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-110442_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-110442_Gallery.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20210602-110405_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-110405_Gallery.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210602-110348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-110348_Gallery.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210602-110427_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-110427_Gallery.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 71
Here are a few more pictures that may help identify. @Beman

Attachments

• 20210602_114742.jpg
    20210602_114742.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210602_114735.jpg
    20210602_114735.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 68
First things first- you have a female.

Is your thermometer digital? I do see a probe but you mentioned the hygrometer was digital but didn’t say for the thermometer.

The only critique I have in terms of the enclosure (right now, I will explain the near future later in the post) is that it is a tad bare, and I’d suggest getting a larger plant to help fill it in.

For the future-
You will need a lay bin in the enclosure when she’s 6 months of age and older.I will attach a link at the bottom of the post. They can and will lay infertile clutches, so it is important to have it ready in case she is ready to lay a clutch. As she gets older, I’d suggest lowering the amount of feeders she gets as well as lowering the basking temperature. This will help reduce larger clutches (sometimes even eliminating them).

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/

Chase

Is your thermometer digital? I do see a probe but you mentioned the hygrometer was digital but didn’t say for the thermometer.

The only critique I have in terms of the enclosure (right now, I will explain the near future later in the post) is that it is a tad bare, and I’d suggest getting a larger plant to help fill it in.

For the future-
You will need a lay bin in the enclosure when she’s 6 months of age and older.I will attach a link at the bottom of the post. They can and will lay infertile clutches, so it is important to have it ready in case she is ready to lay a clutch. As she gets older, I’d suggest lowering the amount of feeders she gets as well as lowering the basking temperature. This will help reduce larger clutches (sometimes even eliminating them).

Chase
I have the thermometer that came with the reptibreeze cage. Also are we certain this is a female. I don't see any spurs but the veil looks a little big to be a female. I'm no professional but I want to make sure and get the correct answer. And yes I do have a few live plants coming in the mail soon so I will fill it out more once I can.

For the future-

Chase
Also what can I do for stuck shed. It's not around any toes or on the eyes so it's not threatening but he does have it covering one side of him and it's been there for a few days now. Plz help

Ok so yeah I don’t have time rn to go over your husbandry. but shed is fine As long as it is not around a limb or constricting something it will come off by itself. Hopefully others can help in the meantime though

Back
Top Bottom