Can someone please tell me what this is?

Spunky

Hey guys, I've seen pics of MBD and Spunky looks kinda opposite of those. I didn't notice her leg having any problems until today after I took some pics of her. Her other leg looks fine. Can someone please tell me if it's MBD or if she looks injured? Thanks!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 258
that's not MBD... they have 2 bones in that part of their arm, like humans, but it doesn't look like it broke.. looks like some sort of sub cutaneous growth

Thanks, guys! It doesn't seem to bother her any. She moves around just fine and doesn't seem to favor that leg, so I don't think it hurts her any. Guess we'll be making a vet trip just to check it out. :)

To me it looks like it goes all the way down the lower part of the leg. Both the top down to her foot shows the same look. Have no idea what it might be.

are the spots hard or soft? are they mobile or fixed? they dont look like a break...the rear of the arm it is still straight. a bump below a joint and a bump above a joint?? i really dont know :p

Attachments

• Veiled chameleon skeleton rostral2.jpg
    Veiled chameleon skeleton rostral2.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 92
No matter what it could be, a vet visit is definately in order. Chameleons are pros at not showing signs of sickness, and while your chameleon still looks relatively fine, his immune system may be not doing very well.

Keep us updated with the results! :)

she won't hold still long enough for me to touch it to see if it's hard or soft. she moves around just fine and can scoot away from me pretty fast if she's not ready to go home. she's climbing with no problems and eating like a piggy. other than her mystery bumps, she's perfect. but like y'all said, chameleons are good at hiding sickness. i'm planning on taking her in to the vet asap to get his opinion on it. i know all vets should know about stuff like this, but i'm just kinda worried since i live in a small town (about 2000 population) and our vet is more use to cows and horses and dogs than chameleons. but, it's still worth a shot of taking her in!

oh that's scary! and here i was convinced that it's not broke because she's still walking around on it with no problem. i was going to take her to the vet today but the weather was awful outside! we stayed indoors all day, both of us munching on goodies all day...her, crickets, and me, homemade cookies :D

Back
Top Bottom