Can it be?!?

My boys ACTUALLY get along! Haha what more could a Chamother ask for? :D

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02611.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

Reactions: Hoj
wow beautifull chams you got there. they do both look calm. be crefull tho ( i think you know this tho )

wow beautifull chams you got there. they do both look calm. be crefull tho ( i think you know this tho )

Yes i've been watching them closely for the past half hour and they have been fine, they are so mellow. They're just hanging out, Leo even took some roaches. Calais isn't eating yet since I just got him, Leo didn't start eating until a week and a half after I got him.

nice chams! and here's something you don't see everyday! lol. do they play often?

I just introduced them this morning. I wasn't too hopeful but when there was no reaction when I held Leo near Calais I decided to try it and it worked out perfect. So now they can hang out on their new tree together instead of one at a time.

I love the pictures! You are so lucky that they are showing no reactions toward each other. I know allot of people whose panthers get along and they even free range them together but I've only known two other people besides you whose male veiled would get along with another male. One person kept several male veileds together and another kept her male veiled with her Melleris in the same free range. Luie hates all males but loves the all girls.:D

Last edited:
I love the pictures! You are so lucky that they are showing no reactions toward each other. I know allot of people whose panthers get along and they even free range them together but I've only known two other people besides you whose male veiled would get along with another male. One person kept several male veileds together and another kept her male veiled with her Melleri in the same free range. Luie hates all males but loves the all girls.:D

Haha yeah Leo doesn't really care about anyone, he just goes about his business. I'm glad Calais is also like that, it's nice to have such calm chameleons, I got really lucky to have 3 mellow chams in a row!

Careful. My male veiled looked like he was going to get along with my panther (they were outside on two different but close together tree/bushes) and then he tried to mate him! :eek:

About a month ago I had an unfortunate escape where the veiled and panther found eachother. Just as I found them I got to see the veiled on top of the panther who was turning red. Apparently the veiled realized that he was actually not a female veiled at that point and bit his tail. :( he still has small bruise marks, but they are going away. :)

Careful. My male veiled looked like he was going to get along with my panther (they were outside on two different but close together tree/bushes) and then he tried to mate him! :eek:

About a month ago I had an unfortunate escape where the veiled and panther found eachother. Just as I found them I got to see the veiled on top of the panther who was turning red. Apparently the veiled realized that he was actually not a female veiled at that point and bit his tail. :( he still has small bruise marks, but they are going away. :)

They've been hanging out for an hour and a half and haven't showed any signs of stress or aggression, just climbing around and basking. Leo was looking out the window at the blizzard, probably comfused :p

That's good. If anyone starts looking at eachother with googly love eyes, you know what to do! ;)

just be careful JJI, and dont leave them unattended for too long. these guys look pretty bashfull lol, they could just be "pretending" to get a long liek a pair pf step brothers, but when mom leaves they could change. awsome pics though for real! and again, something you dont see every day :)

It's so cool when chameleons tolerate each other. My panthers all get along but I never thought of mixing and matching the different species, although everyone decided just to do it themselves lol Everyone free ranges so I'd find my jackson's on the same branch as a panther, or, like in the photo below, one panther and my veiled girl sleeping together one night.

cerberusandcharlottesle.jpg

I once had a male deremensis and a male fischeri who started off in a very large divided cage. The fischeri kept squirming through the barrier no matter which side he was placed on. I finally took the divider out. They never bothered each other partly because they preferred different areas of the cage. But, I also have a non-digital picture of them sleeping on the same branch with toes touching. Not just once, but routinely!

wow that panther is serious! what lineage is he from? I'd recommend doing this for photography purpose only and be at least 10 inches away in case one or both start fighting. Battle scars are an imperfection that can be prevented.

Ahhh how cute!! Lovely picture. I'm pretty sure you know what you are doin'. But indeed don't take your eyes of off them. You never know. If one of them suddenly has a change of mind ;-).

No I don't take my eyes off of them, I was sitting on the couch the whole time. No issues, they just hung out. at one point they were right next to each other and didn't bat an eye.

Back
Top Bottom