Can I???

Neither are fantastic staple feeders in my opinion, but both can be supplemented in from time to time.

Silkworms, hornworms, roaches, months, mantids

A combination of a few is needed to be a "Good Staple"

Crickets, Silkworms, hornworms, roaches, moths

But the important point is, its best to feed one incredibly well gutloaded feeder, than to serve a bunch of them that aren't gut loaded.

oh ok but i want to add one that is ok to feed my 6 week cham. but i dont know what would be better : wat worms or meal worms

Why can you only choose those two types??
As I said, neither are a great staple imo.

Crickets, Silkworms, hornworms, roaches, pheonix worms are all small enough to be fed.

i feed my chameleons superworms which are very simple to reproduce by the 1000's and chameleons seem to like them,i think my chameleons really started to get fatter after i started feeding them the superworms.

Between those two...

I'd go with mealies because they can be gutloaded easily, and waxworms are more of a treat, not a daily feeder. If you only want to add one more feeder for now though, I'd go with silkworms. You can get them any size and they are soft and easy to digest and higher in calcium. Add as many feeders as you can. I have 8 in the rotation right now.

i want to get some silkies but mulberry is out and wormans isnt shipping till spring. anyone know where i could get some? if you have a local store we could arrange something if possible.

i want to get some silkies but mulberry is out and wormans isnt shipping till spring. anyone know where i could get some? if you have a local store we could arrange something if possible.

Coastal silkworms has them in stock, but only small 1/4"-1/2". They are out of N. Florida(Jacksonville I think). If you are feeding a larger cham, you'll have to grow them up a bit on chow or mulberry leaves.

There is also a seller on ebay who I have used, although thier packaging is not as nice. Ebay doesn't allow sale of live animals, but make an exception for feeders and bait. I have bought butterworms(great seller, the biggest butterworms available) silkworms, and mantis eggs from ebay.

Back
Top Bottom