Can I feed tomato to hornworms then to my Cham?

Sammyjohnny1016

I recently ordered hornworms off of a website and when they arrived the hornworm chow had fly larvae on it so I decided to empty the chow out and I saw that tomato was a good substitute for the chow but just noticed that it’s bad for chameleons due to the high acid levels. Is it okay that I’m feeding the hornworms tomato? Should I substitute the tomato for another veggie? What should I do ?

Do you have Repashy? It can be turn into a gel that you could feed the hornworms. I would only feed them chameleon safe veggies personally. I am a firm believer that feeder bugs should be treated with care because "we are what we eat" really applies to reptiles big time.

well, I don't have the answer to your question but I do know that birds will love them if you dump them outside in a bird feeder LOL imo better safe than sorry!

I also read your title wrong and thought it said tomato hornworms instead of tomato to hornworms... I was real confused for a good second o_O

well, I don't have the answer to your question but I do know that birds will love them if you dump them outside in a bird feeder LOL imo better safe than sorry!

I also read your title wrong and thought it said tomato hornworms instead of tomato to hornworms... I was real confused for a good second o_O
I can also just wait for them to become moths ???

Back
Top Bottom