Can chameleons see red heat lamps

Shay weber

its getting cold where I live and today I bought my veild a 75 watt heat lamp can I leave it on all night are is he not gonna better sleep can he see the color at night

No lights at night. It's good to have a drop in temp at night and unless it's getting below 50 degrees in the room he's in you don't need supplimental heat at night. Otherwise use a ceramic heat emitter

its getting cold where I live and today I bought my veild a 75 watt heat lamp can I leave it on all night are is he not gonna better sleep can he see the color at night
Definitely see that spectrum of light. So you have a to use a ceramic heater or a heater that you plug in to do the whole room work good at night

Probably no is not necesarrio. Unless you have a drafty area, or a window open. I keep my room at 60 and under during the winter times in northern Minnesota, so my theoretiqual cham stays in the living area where temp bounces between 60-75 F.

Chameleons have four spectral peaks in their vision, with absorbance sensitivities peaking at 365 nm, 443 nm, 483 nm, and 571-619 nm. This results in very fine color discrimination capabilities from into the ultraviolet range and well into the red wavelength range. So yes, your chameleon will be able to see the red light quite clearly.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom