Can chameleons eat whey protein powder?

Zdejong

This may be a stupid question but I'm dealing with a sick chameleon(recovering) but he won't eat his horn worms or anything without me forcing him. I started a liquid diet today of some carrots and peas ground with some water and vitamins. I was wondering if I can use a whey protein(to increase protein intake) powder that only has protein and no phosphorus or any other vitamins. It's just whey protein powder. Otherwise is there another liquid diet that I can use other than glucerna? I've heard that liquid feed for kittens is acceptable but not confirmed. I can't take him to the vet for another week bc he already broke my previous pay check.

I might do that. Thank you for your help

I mix Oxbow carnivore care and Repashy Grub Pie (which is primarily BSFL) with water.
My boy was injured when I got him and barely mobile, unable to catch insects at all. It helped support him immensely. Thanks to that, plenty of sunshine and some tlc he is bigger, stronger, and hunts on his own now.

Thank you, I got both the Oxbow and grub pie mix. I'm going to give this a shot. Do they have the same poo and urine as regular feeding or is it similar to glucerna where they don't really go to the bathroom?

Thank you, I got both the Oxbow and grub pie mix. I'm going to give this a shot. Do they have the same poo and urine as regular feeding or is it similar to glucerna where they don't really go to the bathroom?
It is less frequent but mine do go, just be careful to squeeze the syringe while pointing it up prior to feeding to get out any air pockets, place at back of throat away from airways, release it slow enough that they can gulp and it doesn’t spill to the front of their mouth where they breathe, Watch urates for hydration.

Back
Top Bottom