Can Chameleons eat bees?

Going try this on my veiled. My male panther chameleon is still a baby. But he goes nuts for black soldier flies. My only concern is neighbors have flags in there yard for grass treatment. I know it's unsafe feed wild caught crickets? Would it be same with bees? I mean there's always a risk. An is it worth it? Or just better off buying cup of horn or silks.

Going try this on my veiled. My male panther chameleon is still a baby. But he goes nuts for black soldier flies. My only concern is neighbors have flags in there yard for grass treatment. I know it's unsafe feed wild caught crickets? Would it be same with bees? I mean there's always a risk. An is it worth it? Or just better off buying cup of horn or silks.
When catching insects, it's best to get them from a wooded area or forest. Somewhere you know there is no risk of poisons. But bees hit flowers where there shouldn't be grass treatments. The risk is very low anyways. Bees can detect treatments and poisons on plants. You can do the test yourself if you want to be sure. Find a flower that bees are swarming, spray it with grass treatment, pesticide or whatever and you will see the bee won't go near it again. Pretty clever insects they are.

Back
Top Bottom