Can anyone give me some thoughts on the sex my panther cham?

schererlex24

Please let me know what you think based from my pictures! My bf and I are super curious and love watching our lil Cham grow :) we hatched our baby out of an egg, progress has been great :)

Attachments

• B8024E10-B782-4C8B-A57A-6E90E8F8F10C.jpeg
    B8024E10-B782-4C8B-A57A-6E90E8F8F10C.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 668CF6E2-29BA-447D-A2FE-6DD84C950715.jpeg
    668CF6E2-29BA-447D-A2FE-6DD84C950715.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 126
I would say its a male because of the bulge on beginning of his/hers tail.. Can you post some more picture from that part of her body?
I will post some more tomorrow when he/she is awake! Yeah I’m not too sure because there does appear to be a bulge but he/she is only 4 months old so I know sometimes even when they’re male some take longer to get bigger as well as produce their colors. I guess we will see, thanks for the comments!

I will post some more tomorrow when he/she is awake! Yeah I’m not too sure because there does appear to be a bulge but he/she is only 4 months old so I know sometimes even when they’re male some take longer to get bigger as well as produce their colors. I guess we will see, thanks for the comments!
The bulge you look for on males is actually on the base of the tail. I believe the bulge you are referring to is the vent, in which case it’s the exact same on males and females. At 4 months there would be a defined tail bulge and also colouring starting to appear. She looks healthy for 4 months and in my opinion female panthers have the best and most docile personalities out of the several species I’ve owned.

The bulge you look for on males is actually on the base of the tail. I believe the bulge you are referring to is the vent, in which case it’s the exact same on males and females. At 4 months there would be a defined tail bulge and also colouring starting to appear. She looks healthy for 4 months and in my opinion female panthers have the best and most docile personalities out of the several species I’ve owned.
Thanks so much for the input ! We have many reptiles but this is our first Cham baby:) She is very very sweet, and I have been handling her a bit after she first hatched so very comfortable with coming out and hanging out on me. My bf and I are going to by a live huge plant tree to put in our living room to start eventually free roaming her to go and chill out in the tree for a couple hours! We don’t have cats or dogs just reptiles :)

Yup if that is 4 months old if she was a male she would have a lot kore colors. I change my vote for female! You know that they can produce infertile eggs by themself right?

Back
Top Bottom