Camping w/ a veiled

Andi

I don't have an auto-mister for my veiled and we are avid campers. Not in a tent to roast anymore but we don't usually camp with plug ins for ac either. We're also in ND so it's not like desert conditions...

Her cage is large so it crossed my mind if it would be ok to take her with us in a tall bird cage fitted with plants and vines etc?

Any advice would be appreciated...

PS Plus I like the thought of her getting flies rather than having to use flypaper... lol

if shes going to be in the sun, but still have access to shade to cool off, im sure she will be fine.

just make sure you tke her food, and supplements.

:D Enjoy

Thanks!

I thought so too but I wanted to ask before I made some stupid mistake that would make me lose her...

One more thing...

I swear I think she's a girl but she has little spurs... I still think she's a girl though....

I read on here about a member who has a female with spurs. Can't remember which thread though. I'll start a new thread and post pics soon. :)

Thanks!

We love to camp and have thought about taking our veiled with us and putting him in a cage and letting him enjoy the sunshine and air.....I will be waiting for a recap of your camping trip, good luck.

We love to camp and have thought about taking our veiled with us and putting him in a cage and letting him enjoy the sunshine and air.....I will be waiting for a recap of your camping trip, good luck.

We didn't go this weekend... trying to find tall birdcage :) I'll let you know how it goes...

Looking in the classifieds... I'm a little annoyed tbh cuz I gave the perfect birdcage away a couple years ago... lol

My only concern about going camping with a chameleon is wildlife and even people would mess with them if you aren't in the camp. After 15-20 years of camping/competition horse trail rides we found stuff missing if it wasn't properly put away if we weren't in camp. Wildlife especially raccoons don't really care whose around and that's one tasty meal that can't run.

I'm just overprotective I guess. But I understand that want/need to take your chameleon with you. No offense, its just my opinion.

Good luck in taking him (yes the colors and spur match up to a male veiled) camping with you! :)

i love how you want to take him/her with you .. i live in ca so i want to go camping and looking for gold! sadly if we ever did one day we could not our since our service dogs must come with us .. but good luck !!!

Back
Top Bottom