Calumma

That´s is quite interesting, yellow lips being able to handle hotter temperatures, could it be that they can be found in more exposed areas than the other species in their territories?

I didn´t know that the brevicorne complex have been renamed Calumma cucullatum, when did this happen?
speaking of rearrangement, do you know if jacksons merumontanus is now trioceros merumontanus offically? is it merumontanum, merumontanus, merumontana? I heard conflicting uses of the name.

And trioceros are indeed the coolest, atleast shape wise if you ask me.
Glad I'm not the only one who is having trouble sorting out what species is what lately. I have to get back on course with that and not reading so many studies. :(

Glad I'm not the only one who is having trouble sorting out what species is what lately. I have to get back on course with that and not reading so many studies. :(
yeah atleast we have the reason of the wrong name have been the right one once upon a time. haha It´s like with flying geckos. Aparently they are not ptychozoon. Ptychozoon doesn´t exist anymore and they were moved to gecko. Which pisses me off and i reffuse to call them anything but ptychozoon haha.

I didn´t know that the brevicorne complex have been renamed Calumma cucullatum, when did this happen?
speaking of rearrangement, do you know if jacksons merumontanus is now trioceros merumontanus offically? is it merumontanum, merumontanus, merumontana? I heard conflicting uses of the name.
In Petr Necas' latest video on merumontanus (January 31, 2021), he calls them Trioceros merumontanus and quickly mentions how their genetics are significantly different from other jacksonii, and that they can be classified as a different species. Whether this nomenclature is accepted in literature is a different story. I haven't seen anyone refer to them outside the jacksonii species name before. If the literature isn't supporting the name Trioceros merumontanus now, it likely will in the future.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/trioceros-merumontanus-video-p-necas.182069/

yeah atleast we have the reason of the wrong name have been the right one once upon a time. haha It´s like with flying geckos. Aparently they are not ptychozoon. Ptychozoon doesn´t exist anymore and they were moved to gecko. Which pisses me off and i reffuse to call them anything but ptychozoon haha.
What????? Flying geckos aren't flying geckos either??
It's like waking up in a bad dream....and I already had a bad day anyway. :(

Back
Top Bottom