Calumma

Thanks for the info. I’m sure there have been other populations of parsonii that have disappeared due to habitat destruction or perhaps if there were Parsonii on Nosy Be, due to over collection. I know the population of parsonii on Nosy Boraha is just about gone. We were lucky enough to to see one of the last remaining Parson’s on that island.

As far as breeding Parsonii. Seeing some head bobbing from a male so far from actual breeding.

Since you are insinuating I don’t actually breed parson’s I must enlighten you. I have produced 7 clutches of CBB parsonii. By “produced” I mean, bred the parents and hatched the babies. I have also hatched 2 clutches of eggs from WC gravid Yellow lip females. I know you and your buddy Nicky think this is horrible but I don’t agree. I did not import those females but they were offered to me and I bought them. What better place is there for them to go to? Not only do I have several specialized incubators and the knowledge to hatch them but I also have the ability to house the babies individually. I successfully got the females to lay, incubated the eggs for 19 months and successfully hatched and raised the babies. That’s around 70+ captive hatched Yellow lip Parson’s that entered into the hobby from 2 WC females. Because of that we now see quite a few CB Yellow lip Parson’s in the hobby and I have no doubt that soon some of these offspring will be breeding and producing true CBB Yellow lip Parson’s in the US. Some of those YL’s are on display on this very forum. One was on the calendar cover and one is currently in the photo contest. Seems like a good thing to me.

My breeding efforts continue as I probably have the biggest collection of Parson’s in the US and I currently have nearly 100 parsonii eggs incubating, including two clutches of CBB Yellow Giant Parson’s. I currently keep all 4 types of parsonii we see in the hobby and have kept them for years.
You were saying I am not serious about breeding. I had more than just head bobs. Rhinos was doing the male Calumma parsonii parsonii mating ritual and Trudy was receptive. I removed her because I she was too young. I decided to introduce her again next year.

This whole big paragraph about how you have bred Calumma parsonii parsonii I do not have a problem with. My problem is that you want to corner the market and think no one else should breed Calumma parsonii parsonii and other great Calumma. That is a great way to ruin the hobby for me and a lot of keepers. I wish you would not. Cheers

I do not talk to Nick much at all. However he is breeding Calumma parsonii parsonii and is much more constructive than you have been about breeding Calumma parsonii parsonii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I am alert to the situation in Nosy Boraha. I have had talks with academics and keepers about reintroducing and reestablishing the population of sky blue Calumma parsonii parsonii population to that local.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Natalie Portman Trippin GIF by MOODMAN

To be fair I find both of you bastards pretty cool. Been reading your post and you are quite concistent with your chameleon work. With it´s quite rare in the hobby in general. Just think it about it like this. If more people would be like you two right know we would not be wondering when species as johnstonii, merus, and pygmies will once again be available in the hobby. Cause you would still be breeding them. My two cents. Now post some mothefuvcdksednc pictures of your chameleons if you don´t mind.

1622849568934.png

You were saying I am not serious about breeding. I had more than just head bobs. Rhinos was doing the male Calumma parsonii parsonii mating ritual and Trudy was receptive. I removed her because I she was too young. I decided to introduce her again next year.

This whole big paragraph about how you have bred Calumma parsonii parsonii I do not have a problem with. My problem is that you want to corner the market and think no one else should breed Calumma parsonii parsonii and other great Calumma. That is a great way to ruin the hobby for me and a lot of keepers. I wish you would not. Cheers

I do not talk to Nick much at all. However he is breeding Calumma parsonii parsonii and is much more constructive than you have been about breeding Calumma parsonii parsonii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A.
To be fair I find both of you bastards pretty cool. Been reading your post and you are quite concistent with your chameleon work. With it´s quite rare in the hobby in general. Just think it about it like this. If more people would be like you two right know we would not be wondering when species as johnstonii, merus, and pygmies will once again be available in the hobby. Cause you would still be breeding them. My two cents. Now post some mothefuvcdksednc pictures of your chameleons if you don´t mind.

View attachment 302860
I will end by saying that I’m not trying to “corner the market” on Parsonii. I’m pretty certain I’ve invested more into breeding Parsonii and other calumma then anyone in the US. Lots of babies out there to produce future generations of Parson’s.

Here’s a few recent pictures for Lee.
411599FE-AC66-4A79-A4A5-7253F62F0111.jpeg
74438D68-3A45-4461-81C3-2F1637586A51.jpeg
9D2DAB3A-0262-47CE-A95E-8D4E8F428654.jpeg
05B1E303-CE4D-4597-8672-763EF188650C.jpeg
673FF588-5AB2-4EBE-A187-DBA17E129347.jpeg
A21F2F6D-1C05-4805-A780-D8126F5C00E2.jpeg
9386D2B5-A49F-4524-B7AE-D2795CBB401A.jpeg
08EEC697-80E6-4785-8B28-5BC306F3DCC8.jpeg
EC7CAE25-A6B6-45DA-BAB4-75146AEBC920.jpeg
CCA59FCD-A9B2-41BF-BEB6-FD558213D5BF.jpeg

Last edited:
I will end by saying that I’m not trying to “corner the market” on Parsonii. I’m pretty certain I’ve invested more into breeding Parsonii and other calumma then anyone in the US. Lots of babies out there to produce future generations of Parson’s.

Here’s a few recent pictures for Lee. View attachment 302872View attachment 302873View attachment 302874View attachment 302875View attachment 302876View attachment 302877View attachment 302878View attachment 302879View attachment 302880
Absolutely stunning Craig. Thank you for all you do within the hobby!

You know, the Parsons drama is crazy. Very divided community from what I've witnessed with some pretty wild claims being made. From my perspective, craig was a good guy to purchase from. He even picked me out a male when he didn't have to and held him for a LONG time until I was ready. I really like both of you guys and I wish the rift could be mended a bit. I feel you both have a lot to offer the hobby.

Some of my Calumma and other genus species I have kept.
Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii male.
PgrT8S.jpg

Calumma oshaughnessyi male.
WEdAqL.jpg

Calumma malthe male.
uXcZLY.jpg

Calumma brevicorne male.
Can3Ry.jpg

Yellow Lip male Calumma parsonii parsonii.
xAaIRZ.jpg

Some non Calumma species.
Furcifer willsii female.
oJ5pH3.jpg

Trioceros quadricornis gracilor male.
ktO48v.jpg

Furcifer antimena male.
FPsFI9.jpg

Trioceros werneri baby male.
2aJJ57.jpg

Trioceros deremensis male.
nu3s.jpg

Trioceros pfefferi male.
q4om.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Some of my past and present lady Calumma.
A female Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Trudy.
En0gag.jpg

A Female Calumma oshaughnessyi.
pJNAWn.jpg

A Female Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Gamora.
eCULED.jpg

A Female Calumma malthe.
Ioo2VP.jpg

A baby female Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Gamora.
nJZmrs.jpg

Maxime A Female Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii.
wdvHns.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Some of my past and present lady Calumma.
A female Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Trudy.
En0gag.jpg

A Female Calumma oshaughnessyi.
pJNAWn.jpg

A Female Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Gamora.
eCULED.jpg

A Female Calumma malthe.
Ioo2VP.jpg

A baby female Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Gamora.
nJZmrs.jpg

Maxime A Female Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii.
wdvHns.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I love them all! Thank you for posting the species types. That really helps for those of us that are not as familiar!

View attachment 302860
My honor and pleasure to post photo's of my Calumma and other genera chameleons.
I love them all! Thank you for posting the species types. That really helps for those of us that are not as familiar!
I am happy to educate members along the way.
But the Calumma malthe male, OH MY GOSH, SO HANDSOME!
Calumma malthe are a great Calumma species. They are one Calumma species I want to keep pairs of again.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Here’s a few recent pictures for Lee. View attachment 302872View attachment 302873View attachment 302874View attachment 302875View attachment 302876View attachment 302877View attachment 302878View attachment 302879View attachment 302880View attachment 302881
omg your parsons are beautiful. Is he a yellow giant?
Btw what species is in the 8th picture? is it a furcifer rhinoceratus? It´s is not a furcifer minor male or a furcifer willisis. what I can tell. But your animals looks amazing.

Some of my Calumma and other genus species I have kept.
Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii male.
PgrT8S.jpg

Calumma oshaughnessyi male.
WEdAqL.jpg

Calumma malthe male.
uXcZLY.jpg

Calumma brevicorne male.
Can3Ry.jpg

Yellow Lip male Calumma parsonii parsonii.
xAaIRZ.jpg

Some non Calumma species.
Furcifer willsii female.
oJ5pH3.jpg

Trioceros quadricornis gracilor male.
ktO48v.jpg

Furcifer antimena male.
FPsFI9.jpg

Trioceros werneri baby male.
2aJJ57.jpg

Trioceros deremensis male.
nu3s.jpg

Trioceros pfefferi male.
q4om.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
holy crap. I knew I remembered someone who had calumma crypticum. I missed the chance to buy a couple that were sold over here some years ago. Or perphaps I am mixing it with a couple of calumma brevicornis. You had quite the few trioceros aswell. like werneri and deremensis are goals :D
btw could you tell me a bit of what you have noticed difference the yellow lips from the other parsoniss, behavior wise?

omg your parsons are beautiful. Is he a yellow giant?
Btw what species is in the 8th picture? is it a furcifer rhinoceratus? It´s is not a furcifer minor male or a furcifer willisis. what I can tell. But your animals looks amazing.
I have all 4 types of Parsons seen in the hobby that includes, YG’s, OE’s YL’s and Cristifer’s. I have several YG’s including 4 beautiful males.
The 8th picture is a Male Furcifer bifidus. I currently have a LTC Pair and eggs cooking.

Thanks!

holy crap. I knew I remembered someone who had calumma crypticum. I missed the chance to buy a couple that were sold over here some years ago. Or perphaps I am mixing it with a couple of calumma brevicornis. You had quite the few trioceros aswell. like werneri and deremensis are goals :D
btw could you tell me a bit of what you have noticed difference the yellow lips from the other parsoniss, behavior wise?
As of today I have only kept Parsonii complex (now called Parsonii group) and Brevicorne complex of Calumma (now called Calumma cucullatum group). I have found that each Calumma parsonii parsonii I have had their own personality and appetites meaning to say what are the differences of one or the other does not apply to phases/morphs that is based on individuals. The one thing I have noted is my Yellow Lips Calumma parsonii parsonii could handle higher temperatures more that my Yellow/Orange Eye White Lips Calumma parsonii parsonii.

I have had the opportunity to keep Calumma crypticum a couple of times from some that were under the radar imports and labeled as Calumma brevicorne. However out of the Calumma brevicorne complex now called the Calumma cucullatum group I have only kept Calumma brevicorne and Calumma malthe.

I have not kept any species from the Calumma nasutum group or the now Calumma furcifer group (was call Calumma gastrotaenia complex). However I am planning to keep species from these Calumma groups. Although the Parsonii and Cucullatum Calumma groups are my main Calumma groups that I keep.

Similar to the Calumma genus, I think I a pair or two of Trioceros is always going to be found around my place. Trioceros deremensis and werneri are great species.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
As of today I have only kept Parsonii complex (now called Parsonii group) and Brevicorne complex of Calumma (now called Calumma cucullatum group). I have found that each Calumma parsonii parsonii I have had their own personality and appetites meaning to say what are the differences of one or the other does not apply to phases/morphs that is based on individuals. The one thing I have noted is my Yellow Lips Calumma parsonii parsonii could handle higher temperatures more that my Yellow/Orange Eye White Lips Calumma parsonii parsonii.

I have had the opportunity to keep Calumma crypticum a couple of times from some that were under the radar imports and labeled as Calumma brevicorne. However out of the Calumma brevicorne complex now called the Calumma cucullatum group I have only kept Calumma brevicorne and Calumma malthe.

I have not kept any species from the Calumma nasutum group or the now Calumma furcifer group (was call Calumma gastrotaenia complex). However I am planning to keep species from these Calumma groups. Although the Parsonii and Cucullatum Calumma groups are my main Calumma groups that I keep.

Similar to the Calumma genus, I think I a pair or two of Trioceros is always going to be found around my place. Trioceros deremensis and werneri are great species.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
That´s is quite interesting, yellow lips being able to handle hotter temperatures, could it be that they can be found in more exposed areas than the other species in their territories?

I didn´t know that the brevicorne complex have been renamed Calumma cucullatum, when did this happen?
speaking of rearrangement, do you know if jacksons merumontanus is now trioceros merumontanus offically? is it merumontanum, merumontanus, merumontana? I heard conflicting uses of the name.

And trioceros are indeed the coolest, atleast shape wise if you ask me.

I have all 4 types of Parsons seen in the hobby that includes, YG’s, OE’s YL’s and Cristifer’s. I have several YG’s including 4 beautiful males.
The 8th picture is a Male Furcifer bifidus. I currently have a LTC Pair and eggs cooking.

Thanks!
Wow, how long are furcifer bifidus incubated for? I could not tell it to be a bifidus from the pictures. bifidus and balteatus are peculiar and captivating shaped chameleons, they look more like a calumma than a furcifer in my oppinion, a couple of year back like there was a guy selling balteatus over here if I remember correctly, I feel more and more like I missed all the chameleon chances.

What about green giants? are they a official localy for them or just a color phase as the yellow eyed orange eyes parson?

Back
Top Bottom