Calumma juvies

Littlehorn

I recieved these C. parsonii juvies beginning of 2010.
During the past winter, I lower the temperature a bit for them to lower the metabolism a bit and do some rest. As it is spring now, so I have been raising the temp. gradually for the past 2 weeks. Tonight it's the first time they eat in 2011.

5540014237_994fcdbc85_z.jpg

5540015075_83459e3119_z.jpg

C. parsonii (Yellow-lip) Baby 2
06/11/2010 - 362gram
19/03/2011 - 358gram

5540594188_60fdedda8f_z.jpg

5540596644_8e7df1310a_z.jpg

C. parsonii (Orange-eye) Baby 3
06/11/2010 - 337gram
019/03/2011 - 325gram

Since November 2010, I step down the temp. by ~1Celsius/ 2day, until 14Celcius. I still provide misting but only 3 times/ week. All my lightings are also reduced to 5hrs/day. Basking lamp only goes on for 5min each morning.

Coz of my wife and kid, I was not at home for the whole December, so I was unable to observe anything. But from Jan - late Feb, I have only seen my chameleons drank once, also I have not seen any of them bask.
There was not much weight lost, all the other adults started eating as soon as I raise the temp back up to 17C, while these juvies only start eating tonight.

The following months will be the time for their highest growth rate, will keep you all updated on the growth of these little guys.

Nice juveniles! I would not mind to see them as they mature and adult colors start coming in. Are you just working with Yellow Lips and Orange Eyes?

Last edited:
Nice juveniles! I would not mind to see them as they mature and adult colors start coming in. Are you just working with Yellow Lips and Orange Eyes?

Yes, for parsonii, just "Yellow-lips" and "orange-eyes", I have a pair of full grown Yellow-lips thatz 5-6 years old. And an "orange-eyes" female that is 4.5years, the others are all juvies and babies.
Since you are asking about the color phases, have you guys ever seen a "Yellow-Giant" parsonii? I've been keeping parsonii for 9 years, but I have never seen a yellow-giant before.

I tried to work with Kinyongia last year, but itz just not as easy as parsonii as their cages are small and the variables fluctuate too fast, just too hard to control both the humidity and temp, so I gave all the Kinyongia to my friend.

I have also work with Brookesia decaryi for 3years with a little success, had a total 3batch of eggs hatched for the last 2 years.

Yes, for parsonii, just "Yellow-lips" and "orange-eyes", I have a pair of full grown Yellow-lips thatz 5-6 years old. And an "orange-eyes" female that is 4.5years, the others are all juvies and babies.
Since you are asking about the color phases, have you guys ever seen a "Yellow-Giant" parsonii? I've been keeping parsonii for 9 years, but I have never seen a yellow-giant before.

I tried to work with Kinyongia last year, but itz just not as easy as parsonii as their cages are small and the variables fluctuate too fast, just too hard to control both the humidity and temp, so I gave all the Kinyongia to my friend.

I have also work with Brookesia decaryi for 3years with a little success, had a total 3batch of eggs hatched for the last 2 years.

There are some out of Europe and Asia that are working with Yellow Giants. Non here in the USA though. However out of all the phases that is the one that probably should not be seen in captivity. As its habitat is not being conserved by any kind of nature parks or preserve to my knowledge. Until then Yellow Giants probably should not be seen in captivity even from Europe and Asia.

Back
Top Bottom