calumma brevicornis.

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I wonder where can I read about them.

I know that they need the season changes in light hours, temperature, and food. ( maybe even water?)

I know that the eggs need diapause to hatch, and I have hear that they are alot like globifers and parsons, meaning that they need long misting schedules due they are slow drinkers, and they don´t do well in direct sun light.

I even heard that you can no let them be outside over the night( like you can let a jacksonii, panters and veileds stay outside in the cage over night).

what more there is to know about them?

does anybody know?

Are you experienced with many chameleons because I have heard parsons can be thr hardest Cham to take care of.

I doubt anyone over here in the US can help much as C. brevicornis hasn't been in our trade for many years if ever. I've been lucky enough to see then in the wild, but not in captivity. They're a favorite of mine so I'd like to know more about them too.

If you are interested in getting something calumma look at kingsnake classifieds because I've seen some sort of parsons chameleon on the there and it was only a few days ago so they still may be available.

Parsons is about the only thing you'll find thats legal. no calumma are aloud out of Madagascar, (CB only) there is a suspension on exporting anything from the calumma genus. If you do find some, don't support the black market! Please for the sake of the animals!

Parsons is about the only thing you'll find thats legal. no calumma are aloud out of Madagascar, (CB only) there is a suspension on exporting anything from the calumma genus. If you do find some, don't support the black market! Please for the sake of the animals!

The same goes for parsonii. Where do you think those babies' parents came from?

Hi thanks for the help everyone, I am not so interested in getting one right now but rather in the information of there is about calumma brevicornis, I found some articles in chamleons news about them, I guess I will just look on where on madagaskar they live and whats the temperaturs and rain amount in the differents season of the year

There are also a couple of other closely related species to C. brevicornis. One of my favorite species is one of them, Calumma crypticum, the others being Calumma amber and Calumma hilleniusi.
I guess you could include C. malthe in there too

Last edited:
The same goes for parsonii. Where do you think those babies' parents came from?

Yes I know that bit that seems to be the only calumma available and even thats a rare find! I wish they would just open a small export of certain calumma so smuggling wouldn't be such a problem even though they still would.

Check kingsnake, people hatch cb ones and sell them there and some post ads on fauna classifieds too I heard.

There are also a couple of other closely related species to C. brevicornis. One of my favorite species is one of them, Calumma crypticum, the others being Calumma amber and Calumma hilleniusi.
I guess you could include C. malthe in there too

There is actually plenty more than even those!:D

Back
Top Bottom