Calling All Reptile Experts!

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
We were strolling through our local Petco and a iguana (it might’ve been a waterdragon I couldn’t find the sign) was rubbing is face and scratching at the glass, a Russian Tortise was doing the same thing, what could cause this? Stress? Attention? This is a picture of the iguana/ possible water dragon.

they rub noses cuz they cant fathom glass. Chams will claw at it with hands, but water dragons dont have hands. So you have to put something visual so they can see. At one point on of my not so bright dragons was so bad i had to put a strip of black electrical tape along the outside of the tank at nose level, and put "dots" from the paper punch every 1/2" so it would stop rubbing.

My water dragons never did this and their cage was all glass sides. Maybe it also has to do with satisfaction with the caging...or what they can see from the cage that they want to get to?

My water dragons never did this and their cage was all glass sides. Maybe it also has to do with satisfaction with the caging...or what they can see from the cage that they want to get to?

My water dragons where in a converted display case, 6ft long and 2ft deep. They lived like kings, and rubbed their noses. One was so spoiled it learned that if it slept on the 1980s alarm clock it got warm, so i had to install the alarm clock in the cage as a hot rock...

Night anole said..."i had to install the alarm clock in the cage as a hot rock"... That's funny!

Guess we may never know the real reason they rub noses. Might just be the glass.

Back
Top Bottom