Calcium Supplement

jesse57

I bought calcium supplement yesterday and it is a spray that you spay on cricket before feeding. I was wondering if I could spray on plants for my chameleon.
also what powder is better with d3 or with out ??

Most of us use the powedered supplements and dust the feeders. You need three supplements. A calcium without d3 that you want to use at every feeding, a calcium with d3 a couple of times a month and also a multivitamin a couple times of month. I don't know anything about the sprays, so I can make a comment on them.

Sprays are not worth the extra expense, IMO
You could spray it on vegetables / fruit you are offering your chameleon, though the taste may not be to its liking.
You primarily need a calcium supplement without D.
But you will likely also want one with D3, or to ensure it gets adequate amounts of these in other ways (just using a uvb tube is usually not enough - but if your chameleon gets outdoor time, if D is in your gutload,...maybe you dont need to supplement with it also)

Sprays are not worth the extra expense, IMO
You could spray it on vegetables / fruit you are offering your chameleon, though the taste may not be to its liking.
You primarily need a calcium supplement without D.
But you will likely also want one with D3, or to ensure it gets adequate amounts of these in other ways (just using a uvb tube is usually not enough - but if your chameleon gets outdoor time, if D is in your gutload,...maybe you dont need to supplement with it also)

Wait... didn't know you could feed your cam fruits & veggies!?!?

Veileds are the only guys that will eat veggies generally. I can't remember reading about any Panthers that eat veggies without being tricked.

There are 3 supplements you will want to be using for ideal growth. Here is a pick of the 3 I use. Everyone above me laid out the proper schedule but here is mine:

I use the tall canister (which is a Calcium without D3) at every feeding (except when I use the others) Then on payday I use the multi-vitamin and on non-payday I use the Calcium w/D3

full

GO PACK GO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Veileds are the only guys that will eat veggies generally. I can't remember reading about any Panthers that eat veggies without being tricked.

There are 3 supplements you will want to be using for ideal growth. Here is a pick of the 3 I use. Everyone above me laid out the proper schedule but here is mine:

I use the tall canister (which is a Calcium without D3) at every feeding (except when I use the others) Then on payday I use the multi-vitamin and on non-payday I use the Calcium w/D3

full

GO PACK GO!!!

oh no! A packers Fan! Da Bears!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom