Calcium I should watch out for

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Are there any brands of calcium you would recommend me use or not use?

I am ordering some calcium dust (no d3) online today and was wondering if any of them had a bad rep and I should look out for them.

On the other hand, are there any better calcium products you've used?

Nevermind. I thought it would be best to stick with using 2 of the same product (no mix matching) and just use repticalcium by zoomed.

Thanks for viewing though

Are there any brands of calcium you would recommend me use or not use?

I am ordering some calcium dust (no d3) online today and was wondering if any of them had a bad rep and I should look out for them.

On the other hand, are there any better calcium products you've used?

I see you've talked yourself out of a change but just fyi let me add my experience. I had been using the calc powders as recommended until I read some reviews of Repashy Calc Plus. A female veiled of mine went blind, could not climb, and died during that period. For the past year that is all I have dusted with and my nearly-two-year-old veiled male is quite healthy. He weighs around 230 grams and is almost 20" long. When I got him I had to take him to a herp vet and he said it looked as if he'd had a bout with MBD earlier in his first year of life. His casque had spllit and had to have part of it surgically removed. His front left foreleg has the "popeye" swelling. So I opted for the best treatment I could give him. Now, nearly a year later, on Repashy products, he has had no further problems and seems quite normal, colorful, and active. Thanks Allen :D

I'm also 100% a Repashy girl, I don't use anything else. Plain calcium, calcium plus, superpig, superload, bug buger, etc., all excellent in my personal opinion.

My cham also had the some signs of MBD when I first purchased him (he was returned to the breeder by a neglectful owner and for me it was love at first sight, even with his issues). I too use Repashy Calcium Plus and at my last well check up vet appointment I was informed that the progression of the MBD had halted. My vet said he was in excellent shape & to continue the regimen I had him on. I just started using the superpig but have always used Repashy superfood for the dry part of his bugs gutload. What works for him, works for me!

some feel that some powders dust onto the crickets more easily and once the cricket is dusted, some dusts stay on better than others.

My chams eat what they get almost instantly, so I've never been too worried about it. Any brand I've tried dusts on sufficiently for my needs.

some feel that some powders dust onto the crickets more easily and once the cricket is dusted, some dusts stay on better than others.

My chams eat what they get almost instantly, so I've never been too worried about it. Any brand I've tried dusts on sufficiently for my needs.

Yeah I don't think chams are really too picky about what kind of dust is on their food :p

Back
Top Bottom