Calcium Glubionate

Yes, I agree I like liquid calcium and dusting that should keep your chams healthy for many years. However, I have heard of people using the eye wash in severe circumstances of eye irritations. For example, my vet recommended using that on one panther chameleon that rubbed his eye on plants and vines in his cage. He rubbed the rotor on one eye and it would not open. My vet just said to use vit. A w/ retinol palmitate and if it got worse then use the eye wash. Luckily in a couple days my panther cham. snapped right back to normal w/ just the vit. A smeared on his feeders for 3 days. and no eye wash was needed. He is big and healthy now and is 3 yrs. old. I have never had a problem since, but my vet said sometimes eye washes are needed. Good luck.

So do you think Unisol 4 Saline solution is safe to use for my chameleon?

As i mentioned before my vet suggested it, but first he recommended I use Vitamin A w/ retinol palmitat. The vet said the solution has to be right in the eye and it can't be ingested. My vet said to burst the gel caps in my hand and smear the feeders in it for 3 days to help an eye irritation. If the problem didnt get better, then he suggested I use the eye wash. My panther chams eye got better right away on the vitamin A and there was no longer a need to use the saline wash. Now, this same cham. is nice and healthy and he never has had an eye problem since. So All I do now is use the liquid calcium and the powders. My vet said I can also use the Vitamin A as a supplement every other month for a day. I have not used it however, I just simply dust and gut load my feeders. All my chams. are very healthy.

It is safe. I used normal saline to flush Opti's eyes when he was recovering from an eye infection. It is also great for a warm compress to help them open their eyes and provide symptomatic relief. Just stay clear of eye drops that contain alcohol, as this will exaserbate an already painfull situation.

Back
Top Bottom