Calcium deposit???

Kamikaze Chameleon

Avid Member
So i noticed this bump a few months back, while it hasn't grown, it hasn't gone away either😡. I actually pointed it out to the vet and she said it wasn't viscous, and assured me it wasn't anything to worry about... Yet another reason why i didn't believe she was the experienced vet i wanted/needed. Could it possibly be a calcium deposit? I read they can get lumps there? One thing i will point out and I'm trying to avoid from here on out but I've just been using tap water for his dripper, i let it sit out for a few days before putting it in to let everything dissipate but i know that doesn't get rid of everything. I see white buildup on the leaves that the dripper drips on, isn't that calcium? I appreciate your time and any help or feedback

🙏

Attachments

• 20210122_113532.jpg
    20210122_113532.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 137
Sorry the vet wasn't so great. All we can see from a picture is that is is a sub cutaneous solid mass. Aka a hard bump under the skin. Without a qualified vet and a biopsy possibly I don't know that it can be identified. Tap water is only discouraged be cause it leaves residue and clogs sprayer heads. So it is not the cause of this.

If he has always had it it could be from a injury, or sometime like people we get weird bumps that are harmless.
At least at this point if you want it identified you can make sure the vet is experienced enough to give real answers.

There are technically hundreds of reasons for bumps so it is hard to say.

He acts completely normal, eating fine, poops looks okay.... alright looks like I'm on the hunt again!🧐 I would MUCH rather be certain that its harmless, rather than HOPING that its not. Good to know its not the tap water, I still have yet to get a fecal done on him so I guess i can get that out the way too.

How much D3 supplement are you giving him in a month?
I give him arcadia revitalize D3 once a month. However, he did have the bump BEFORE i switched over to Arcadia supplements, but my dosage still remained the same so idk 🤷‍♂️should I get bloodwork b4 a biopsy? Or should i just do both?

I give him arcadia revitalize D3 once a month. However, he did have the bump BEFORE i switched over to Arcadia supplements, but my dosage still remained the same so idk 🤷‍♂️should I get bloodwork b4 a biopsy? Or should i just do both?

I would call the vet first and email him/her a good photo and timeline and description. Let them know you are looking for this answer. The vet will guide you from there on what should be done before the visit.

Hard water scale is the substance left on plants decor, usually calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate amongst other similar named substance's. I filter my water to remove these 3 stage hma way to go👍
Has he had a bite off another chameleon maybe or a broken bone in fall? do chameleon bones knitt-back together similar to a ours X-ray it? Does it shed easily from that area?

2 times a month every other week? 🤨
I will offer it on the 1st and 15th?
Yes exactly. It is a multivitamin with D3 so it is treated the same as the rule of thumb. Given 2 times a month every other week then calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

or you can follow Arcadia's 8 feed cycle but you want to do that using all their products not just one. And you have to track it on a calendar.

Hard water scale is the substance left on plants decor, usually calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate amongst other similar named substance's. I filter my water to remove these 3 stage hma way to go👍
Has he had a bite off another chameleon maybe or a broken bone in fall? do chameleon bones knitt-back together similar to a ours X-ray it? Does it shed easily from that area?
No I have no other chams and haven't had him near any others, it does seem like it takes longer for the skin to fully shed there, I have just introduced a lil shed support in his routine to help. I have all Arcadia supplements, as long as the "full spectrum" is the revitalize? I have not gotten xrays buy wouldn't be opposed to getting em when I go back 😨

that rules out my feisty female encounter idea🤣
Could it Possible be a build up of his rostral growths not shedding maybe the fact your vet says it not vicious means shes doubtful of melanomas which is a positive

that rules out my feisty female encounter idea🤣
Could it Possible be a build up of his rostral growths not shedding maybe the fact your vet says it not vicious means shes doubtful of melanomas which is a positive
Possibly? the vet beleived ALL of his issues were due to shed problems. I was finding that hard to believe because my levels are okay and it just didn't make sense to me that, was in fact the culprit. She gave me drops and told me to give him hot steam showers, again i know this is not right 😒

Possibly? the vet beleived ALL of his issues were due to shed problems. I was finding that hard to believe because my levels are okay and it just didn't make sense to me that, was in fact the culprit. She gave me drops and told me to give him hot steam showers, again i know this is not right 😒
Yeah, definitely get and go to a new and more experienced chameleon vet

So latley Ive been focused on trying to improve his water quality, now I'm not sure if I really NEED this but I was looking at this MK sediment filter. It's affordable AF but I'm not sure if it will be any useful when I am already using filtered water 😂 Will it improve his water quality any? Does any have anyone have any insight on this?

https://www.mistking.com/10-micron-sediment-filter.html

Appreciate your time!
🍻
I use RO/DI water so I don’t have to worry about sediment clogging the misting nozzles

So latley Ive been focused on trying to improve his water quality, now I'm not sure if I really NEED this but I was looking at this MK sediment filter. It's affordable AF but I'm not sure if it will be any useful when I am already using filtered water 😂 Will it improve his water quality any? Does any have anyone have any insight on this?

https://www.mistking.com/10-micron-sediment-filter.html

Appreciate your time!
🍻
That's quite a course mesh filter im currently using a 3 phase h.m.a filter first phase is a 1 micron then,carbon filter finely chlorine, flourine chloro-amine arsaenic heavy metals resin filter. Minerals stay in water unlike reverse osmosis water. You can add a add a reverse osmosis membrane on top of one of these i dont have need as not in hard water source. If i did i would consider an ro but it is very wasteful of water though in its production.
I add a couple of reptisafe to add some electrolytes back too water, although i need to find a better way as u don't need the dechlorinator from it.
16116939032771727405227786003729.jpg

That's quite a course mesh filter im currently using a 3 phase h.m.a filter first phase is a 1 micron then,carbon filter finely chlorine, flourine chloro-amine arsaenic heavy metals resin filter. Minerals stay in water unlike reverse osmosis water. You can add a add a reverse osmosis membrane on top of one of these i dont have need as not in hard water source. If i did i would consider an ro but it is very wasteful of water though in its production.
I add a couple of reptisafe to add some electrolytes back too water, although i need to find a better way as u don't need the dechlorinator from it.
View attachment 290435

Okay so it would be useless? When I have 🍞 again I am planning on getting the MK RO filter...😩 Just too expensive atm

Back
Top Bottom