Calci worms into bs flys?

Dgood

Established Member
I just picked up some calci worms from a local pet store and I noticed that there were no larvae in there just the black larvae before they turn into flys. Is there anything I can do to make sure they all turn into flys? And about how long does it take for them to do this?

I just picked up some calci worms from a local pet store and I noticed that there were no larvae in there just the black larvae before they turn into flys. Is there anything I can do to make sure they all turn into flys? And about how long does it take for them to do this?
Make a mini compost bin for them. The larve are good composters. Salad scraps, or slice up a few pieces of sweet potato for them to feed on.

Cool thank you! I've noticed that the black larvae don't move at all, it almost seems like they are dead....... Haha I have some greens in there for them to feed on but like I said they don't move at all hahaha

Once they get solid black they stop eating and begin to move to higher ground to try to find a place to convert into the flys. If I was you I would put a bunch in a feeder cup in the chameleon cage where no mist can hit it. Then wait and see if they hatch, if no water hits them they will not rot and stink for months. Plus if your chameleon eats them they are loaded with Calcium at this stage.

Cool thank you! I've noticed that the black larvae don't move at all, it almost seems like they are dead....... Haha I have some greens in there for them to feed on but like I said they don't move at all hahaha

Add a little greens and watch them wiggle.

I just keep them in the container they came in and next thing I know its filled with flies. I dont try to breed them or anything so it works to just let them do their thing.

Back
Top Bottom