calci worms and dusting

fuzzhc

So ive recently bought 200calci worms. Ive read that when feeding off there is no need for regular dusting is this true for chams? I plan on feeding daily along with 1 or 2 locusts and dubia. Would I still need to dust daily if fed alongside the calci worms?

I do not dust my Phoenix worms which I believe are the same as calci worms but I continue to dust my other feeders as I normally do.

Jannb is correct. You do not need to dust cali worms/phoenix worms as they are very high in calcium naturally. One of the reasons why most feeders are dusted with calcium is because they are not high enough in calcium as compared to the amount of phosphorus they contain, so the aim is to try to balance the ratio. Calciworms are the exception. So you should still dust your other feeders as you would normally.

So ive recently bought 200calci worms. Ive read that when feeding off there is no need for regular dusting is this true for chams? I plan on feeding daily along with 1 or 2 locusts and dubia. Would I still need to dust daily if fed alongside the calci worms?

soldierfly maggots (calci worms / phoenix worms) do not need calcium dusting. But if they are not well gutloaded, and if you use them often, you should consider some vitamin dust

I cant actually remember the site I got them off of but it said the substrate they come in is their food and dont need gutloading. Should I add some gutload anyways?

Back
Top Bottom