cagings for chameleons

RnWscaging

hello all im new to the forum and am doing a servey on what people like on there enclosures im a new business owner i obviously make reptile cages mainly chameleons they are my favorite but anways i have a few designs for chameleon enclosures for very cheap i build everything by hand all chameleon safe :D but yeah just gimme some static on what you love on enclosures if you would like to see a pic of a design of mine just gimme a post or pm thank you for your time

Wide variety of sizes is nice. Cost effective. Sturdy but light weight. Easy to take apart. I would like to see ones made to where I can store them eaisly with out having to take apart 100 screws and have to keep track of them. It would be nice if they could fold up. But they may not be possible.

the folding up cage could very well work and thered be almost no screws except for the hinges unless i siliconed them on

That would be neat so I could store baby cages when I didnt need them. Also if you figure that out. Make them in at least the most popular sizes. Baby, female, male sizes.

My favorite style of cages are DIYcages.com. If they only folded up they would be perfect.

mounts for misting systems, wheels or castors on larger models for rolling around, drainage system pan underneath( beacuase of the excess water from high humidity and or heavy misting)....just a couple ideas there..

GetInline.aspx

if you cant see the inches just ask but this is my first design is built to rest on a stereo i also can make hexagon designs tables etc etc... for very cheap

Drainage

Im in agreeance with a built in drainage system. From the recent site poll about housing experiences i know that most people prefer screen cages, i myself use them, and there is a wide variety, but the market for pre-made drainage systems is seriously lacking. Most people have to throw something together themselves that isnt very pleasing to the eye (not saying there arent good ones out there). I think it would be both convienant and cost effective to be able to buy a cage that has a drainage system already built into it.
LLL sells a drip pan that your cage sits on top of and the water drains into. The issue with this is you need to first drill holes into the pvc bottom of your cage for water to effectively drain, and then more often than not you need to modify the pan so it has a secondary drainage system from the pan to a bucket. this to me seems very inefficient.

one of the big comments i got on my self made enclosure was people seemed to like the all screen cage with plexiglass door. good for viewing.

see i was thinking a hidden pan and the bottom already have the holes for it alls youd have to do is pull the pan out and then replaces it when dumped

cage sugg

i have a 2x2x4 i love the size i think its perfect. I have a panther and i think they should have a cage atleast that size. I would definitely make sure the door is as big as possible(best part of the diy ones) but they are lacking an access hole for wires for temp sensors.

that instagage site is cool small variety in cage size though but i like the vines i might have to pick up some of those

Back
Top Bottom