Cage stand. Need designer input

Trailgem

Avid Member
So I somehow found a cabinet in the exact size as my cage will be 24x34 (well almost, I have a couple inches in width to play with)

Anyway, it was pretty ugly when I got it. I’m trying to figure if I should paint it all black or leave the top and the drawer... or what else....

It kinda got this shabby chic look going right now from me screwing up the sanding and black paint. I had to sand it again and this is the outcome, which I kinda like...I think.

Also knobs... antic kinda glad? Brushed chrome? Gold? I don’t know... help me!!!

I need Input...female or males with a hint of design genes ;)

Attachments

• C618EEFC-610B-40C0-BAE9-CEBCCBDF7740.jpeg
    C618EEFC-610B-40C0-BAE9-CEBCCBDF7740.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I actually build a lot of high end furniture. If you like it that’s all that matters! If it were mine, I’d go with a semi-gloss black with brushed nickel hardware. Flat colors will highlight every imperfection and finger print.

I saw your stuff, you do have good taste.

I always thought flat colors hide and hr imperfections. Semigloss and brushed nickel it will be. Thank you

You know.. Depending on your enclosure frame color, leaving it natural may actually look good and give your cage some extra appeal towards the bottom! :D But ultimately, like Brody has said, it’s your taste that matters! You do you, love! It’s going to look stellar!

You know.. Depending on your enclosure frame color, leaving it natural may actually look good and give your cage some extra appeal towards the bottom! :D But ultimately, like Brody has said, it’s your taste that matters! You do you, love! It’s going to look stellar!
Itll be the dragon strand clear. This cabinet is solid wood and cost me $20. Already had the paint. All I need is knobs. I’ll drill a hole in the back for the Mistking. I love doing that kind of stuff. So rewarding.

I saw your stuff, you do have good taste.

I always thought flat colors hide and hr imperfections. Semigloss and brushed nickel it will be. Thank you
Thank you. Some flats will hide imperfections better than others but in my experience black is not one of them. If you wanted to you could do it all in flat black and see how it looks. If you don’t like it they sell small cans of just light glaze, no color, pretty cheap. It’s another option for you....

I like the 2 tone look that you accidentally started. You could paint the sanded sections an accent color that goes with your decor.

I was thinking along those lines too... I like the copper, and could drain the sanded areas with a metallic copper.

Or a green and get those green lizard handles... omg I bet they would be cool

Back
Top Bottom