Cage size?

a question for all of you guys who know more than me
how do I find a tiny tiny chameleon, that is the size of my thumb, in a 3*2*5 cage full of bushy plants?
She isn't trained to come to a whistle? :unsure:

I put my 3 mo. male panther directly into a 48x24x48. He walked right in like he owned the place.

All finding them takes is a little (extra) time. Look for tails (that look considerably different than stems/vines), body shapes (no plant has a shape exactly like a chameleon body) and eyes.

Once you begin hand-feeding, or establishing a feeding ritual*, they'll come to you every time you open the door.

*I prepare meals in front of my lizards where they can see the bugs. Then I add whichever supplement, put my hand over the top and shake to dust them. Both lizards learned—quickly—that that action means FOOD! 😋

OK I understand. As a parent we see our kids get excited a lot of things and then they loose interest. As parents we don't always know what our kids will take serious enough. So it is up to you to continue on the path of showing them your commitment. So things will have to grow with time.
So minimum cost.
Look into butterfly cages. They come in 2x2x3 size which is gives the with they need. You can find more on them at my site www.caskabove.com These run about $30-50 I know others using them and I have used them. They are a great starter solution. Make sure the top is stretched tight so you get good UV penetration. I used 1/4 in wood dowels. I have 5 veiled 2 male and 3 females in this size, each their own of course. The with and depth is better that an extra foot of height.

UVB make sure and get 24in T5HO fixture and 24w 22in bulb. No short cuts do this.

heat get just a clamp on dome light $6 at Walmart. Incandescent ! but any normal bulb, look at plant bulbs the incandescent can be tricky to find, but they are cheap.

For décor, plants and branches just collect out side. If you know people with plants ask if you can have some cuttings to start.

IF you stick to it before too long they will likely be willing to upgrade, especially if they fall for the little guy.
thank you this helped alot and I will be definetly be taking this advice

Back
Top Bottom