Cage Size

JacobN8

Currently have a more or less adult veiled chameleon in a 16x16x30 cage and have been worried about his health because of it. I have been skeptical of just buying a complete new cage for him because they are so expensive. If I buy another 16x16x30 cage (cheaper) and stack it on top, will this be okay?

No, we have seen people do this. It ends up very flimsy. Easy to tumble over. Unless you are building a wood frame for it to go into. Which would be just as expensive if not more as buying the 2x2x4 in the end. I would highly recommend just doing the 2x2x4.

No, we have seen people do this. It ends up very flimsy. Easy to tumble over. Unless you are building a wood frame for it to go into. Which would be just as expensive if not more as buying the 2x2x4 in the end. I would highly recommend just doing the 2x2x4.
What would potentially knock it over?

Well reptibreeze cages in the first place are not very sturdy. So putting one on top of the other is going to create much more wobble. The other thing to consider is that 16x16 inches is not much room at all for an adult Veiled to maneuver in. You can pick up a 2x2x4 on amazon for a little over $100 bucks. Not that big of an investment. https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Rept...e+reptibreeze&qid=1554939285&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Ahh, I see. Thank you! Will invest in the 2x2x4.

Back
Top Bottom