Cage size for veiled

Scooter

I have my baby "Dipped in Butter" in an 18x18x36" screen cage. He was a tiny baby (2" long body, plus tail) when I got him a month ago, and he is growing like....a weed ! He is getting longer, and is nice and fat. He is active, and climbs all over his enclousure, which has a ficus that takes up the majority of the top 2/3 of the cage. He also has lot of bio-vines in two sizes that go all over the cage.

I plan on getting him a 24x24x48 when he is a bit bigger/older. When would you suggest getting the bigger cage ?

Butter is about 3 to maybe three and a half inches without his tail now. He is still quite a little guy. I would imagine from other's pics that he is now close to 3 months old. He still has his baby green coloring.

well i would keep him in the cage you got him in now, until he is maybe 5 inches without the tail. im not positive my guy is about the same age as yours and im going to play it by size and when i feel he is big enough im going to upgrade him then. anyways get some more feedback before upgrade, i would wait just a little longer. again im not positive, i would wait for someone with a positive answer. anyways good luck

Back
Top Bottom