Cage Size Comparison Picture

absolutbill

Chameleon Enthusiast
For everyone who likes a good visual, here is a 2x2x4 next to a Large Clearside Atrium from Dragon Strand. Sunny is getting an upgrade, and so his new cage is next to his current one while we add plants and finish it off. Also, the difference in the UVB lighting is having a refracting hood versus one that the bulb just snaps into without a hood. Hope this helps anyone looking to get a new cage!

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 204
For everyone who likes a good visual, here is a 2x2x4 next to a Large Clearside Atrium from Dragon Strand. Sunny is getting an upgrade, and so his new cage is next to his current one while we add plants and finish it off. Also, the difference in the UVB lighting is having a refracting hood versus one that the bulb just snaps into without a hood. Hope this helps anyone looking to get a new cage!
Very Cool! I love the clearside cages. Will be beautiful once the plants go in!!

Looks like a huge project with the faux wall...what did you use?

That's great! I'm a huge fan of providing horizontal space in addition to the vertical height, rather than just tall and narrow. He's going to love it!!!

Thanks guys - the real kudos goes to my husband who loves projects like this. The back was formed with Great Stuff expanding foam that is holding the cups in place. Then, that's covered with the black silicone, and then cocoa fiber is on top. We got a bunch of grapewood branches so a couple are stuck in - I'm going to temp that top branch and move his basking light accordingly. One of the cup holders will actually be a hidden feeding cup. A mistking will go on top, and I'm growing out pothos and ivy cuttings on my lanai, but am going to grab a bromeliad and some other plants tomorrow. I've got fake vines to link the grapewood branches together. We also got some cork bark as decor as well, but it's thicker than we realized and isn't really working the way we had planned.

The issue is that it's high season here in the Florida, and I'm working A LOT, so time to work on this project usually takes a back seat to sleeping :D We bought a 2nd cage which he's doing - this first cage he assembled and then did all the foam at once. The next cage he's doing it wall by wall. They won't necessarily join each other, but will be thinner and not as obtrusive into the cage. He's taking pictures for me to create a blog once that one is done. He figures that by the 3rd cage he'll be a pro! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom