Cage review

jerleyb15

Hey guys, just wanted to show off my new finished enclosure, hoping that you guys can let me know if its chameleon ready or not down below are specs and photos, give me any feedback and be blunt if you must i appreciate it all.

Enclosure specs:

-2ftx2ftx4ft screen cage
-T5 HO 34in arcadia 6% uvb bulb
-75watt lightbulb for heat
-Basking branch measures between 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit
-Live plants, dragon tree, wandering jew, money tree, and a split leaf philodendron
-spray bottle mister... for now
-Humidity tbd

I think thats all let me know if i missed anything.

Attachments

• 20211221_193720.jpg
    20211221_193720.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211221_201607.jpg
    20211221_201607.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 83
Great work and progress!! I think your chameleon would appreciate more branches of different textures and thickness throughout the enclosure. Additionally you'll want to cover the soil with river rocks or leaf litter to prevent your chameleon from ingesting it.

it would be nice if you could have a tall leafy plant in the center that your Cham could hide in. If you’re waiting for the plants in there to grow, it could take awhile. How many inches is it from your basking branch to the uvb light?

Great work and progress!! I think your chameleon would appreciate more branches of different textures and thickness throughout the enclosure. Additionally you'll want to cover the soil with river rocks or leaf litter to prevent your chameleon from ingesting it.
thanks for the feedback and thanks for the words of encouragement much appreciated

it would be nice if you could have a tall leafy plant in the center that your Cham could hide in. If you’re waiting for the plants in there to grow, it could take awhile. How many inches is it from your basking branch to the uvb light?
its 8.5- 9 inches from the basking branch to the top of the enclosure, I think the split-leaf and dragon tree that's in the back, a little hard to tell, provides a lot of hiding spots in the center of the cage if not what do you recommend I get, keep in mind those plants will grow larger lol, thanks for the feedback.

its 8.5- 9 inches from the basking branch to the top of the enclosure, I think the split-leaf and dragon tree that's in the back, a little hard to tell, provides a lot of hiding spots in the center of the cage if not what do you recommend I get, keep in mind those plants will grow larger lol, thanks for the feedback.
its going to take awhile for those plants to grow to a height that your Cham needs. All chams need Good foliage cover to feel safe, secure. Otherwise they feel insecure climbing on bare sticks with no coverage. This stresses them out. You have some nice plants but they aren’t big enough yet. I would suggest trying to find a nice 3 and a half foot plant with a lot of branches and foliage to put in the center of your enclosure with the smaller plants around it.

its going to take awhile for those plants to grow to a height that your Cham needs. All chams need Good foliage cover to feel safe, secure. Otherwise they feel insecure climbing on bare sticks with no coverage. This stresses them out. You have some nice plants but they aren’t big enough yet. I would suggest trying to find a nice 3 and a half foot plant with a lot of branches and foliage to put in the center of your enclosure with the smaller plants around it.
got it thanks, i can assure you the branches are not as bare as they look only the support branches and basking branch is uncovered, center of the cage is full already and theres a pothos i havent added yet, but i do believe that there is enough foliage

Back
Top Bottom