Cage plans

I am going to build a new cage for my veiled in the next month and these are my plans and I just wanted to know if there is anything I should change. It is 2x2 foot and 5 ft tall. The door will be 2x3 foot. There will be a few ledges made of wood inside for plants to sit on. It will be on wheels so I can move it easily if I need to but they can lock so the cage doesn't roll around all the time. There will also be space below for a drainage system.

SUPPLIES
1x1 boards 36'
2x4 6'
4 wheels that lock
Screen 44sq ft
Plexiglass or plastic for bottom 2x2'
1/2x1/2 or 1x1 10' for door
Hinges for door
Handle or knob
Wood boards for ledges

Sorry the handwriting is bad my dad drew it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 171
It sounds great! The only thing I would say, is to be sure that your prepared for the amount of moisture in the cage. Wood is a booger and warps even when its "protected". I would suggest adding some Dragon Ledges to your cage for the plants to be mounted on. I have my larger cages on casters as well so I can move them around without shifting the cage...so kudos on that!! I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Good luck!

I would look into that plastic wood, I think its called azek board or something. You can cut it like real wood and join pieces like real wood. Should last forever as long as there is no phisical damage.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom