Cage is Coming along

Rlc1994

Chameleon Enthusiast
Been working hard on this for about a week now. Cage is large keeper cage by dragon strand. Lighting is t5ho Arcadia 6% 24 inch and 6500k bulb. 2 jungle dawn spotlights and Fluker dimmer dome for bask spot. Also have a MistKing not hooked up yet. Plants will be Schefflera,bromeliad,Pothos,and croton. I will post more pictures as I go along. I think I’m going to use great stuff pond and stone to foam the dragon ledges pots and sticks. Getting a Jackson chameleon by the way.
AC18FB6C-DA40-49E8-BF4F-9BC9C046CB71.jpeg

Here is everything foamed in. It was tough maneuvering that great stuff nozzle around all those branches lol. I was contemplating on if I was going to silicone and eco earth it but I might just leave it like it is don’t want to get silicone all over my screen. I had the plants in there too and it looks even better hides the pots a bit better too. I’m going to be adding artificial vines in spots too to give him a couple more spots to climb. I’ll have a pic up tomorrow with all the plants. Building this cage is just as exciting as getting the pet to put in it lol can’t wait until it’s all ready but still a little ways to go.
D572AF3E-A60C-4A03-BED3-7D5F11445E68.jpeg

Looking good. I wouldn't silicone and eco earth it. It looks really nice as is and then you can just wipe off the great stuff to clean up urate and poop. Are you going to be adding more vines throughout? Might be a little a little hard for him to get around with what you have in there. But it is really beautiful so far!
What are you doing for drainage?

Looking good. I wouldn't silicone and eco earth it. It looks really nice as is and then you can just wipe off the great stuff to clean up urate and poop. Are you going to be adding more vines throughout? Might be a little a little hard for him to get around with what you have in there. But it is really beautiful so far!
What are you doing for drainage?
This is without the plants it’s hard to see the vines with the plants but I tried my best to plan a good top layer middle layer and bottom layer of branches that all connect so he can go throughout the cage. There’s also 2 branches behind the middle plants that you can’t see I tried to make those areas his hidey holes if he wishes. Only real area that I might add a vine to is the front left area of the cage it does look a little bare. Drainage I think I’m going to go the simple route with a 5 gallon bucket under it with holes drilled in or a sink drain not sure yet. Haven’t decided on my MistKing location yet.
856E8EE4-B97A-4E99-8A6D-B5B36F7434E1.jpeg

This is without the plants it’s hard to see the vines with the plants but I tried my best to plan a good top layer middle layer and bottom layer of branches that all connect so he can go throughout the cage. There’s also 2 branches behind the middle plants that you can’t see I tried to make those areas his hidey holes if he wishes. Only real area that I might add a vine to is the front left area of the cage it does look a little bare. Drainage I think I’m going to go the simple route with a 5 gallon bucket under it with holes drilled in or a sink drain not sure yet. Haven’t decided on my MistKing location yet.View attachment 225999
If I were you I’d add some vines in the middle that go horizontal

Does anyone here know how to remove the great stuff from the side of a screened viv? I was trying to make a nice backround awhile back and it's still stuck to the screen :(. I've used a craft knife to scrape of a little bit, but i'm scared to damage the screen.

Does anyone here know how to remove the great stuff from the side of a screened viv? I was trying to make a nice backround awhile back and it's still stuck to the screen :(. I've used a craft knife to scrape of a little bit, but i'm scared to damage the screen.
I think you will be better off taking the cage a part and then re screening the panels you great stuffed with new screen material then put it back together. Depending on how much got stuck in the screen it might be a nightmare trying to scrape it off and out of the material. :(

I had very little come out the back side of my screen just in a couple spots nothing super noticeable I’m just going to leave it as is. You could probably get a pumpkin carver or a serrated steak knife and slowly carve it off just take your time and go slow.

Back
Top Bottom