Cage flooding help!

Kushkilla

Hey guys so I got my Cham two days ago an the only prob I haven't been able to tackle yet is the flooding that builds up at bottom f cage , what's some good ideas for drainage system. The bottom of the cage is open without screen an has a plastic piece that covers it. The top of the plastic is usually soaked and is soaked again within an hour of changing paper towels. So what's a simple train age system? Ideas and pics would be great! Thanks again

Yeah, you need drainage. What is the cage sitting on? You will need to find somthing to hold it over a bucket/tub, then drill holes in the bottom pcv peice. The water will drain through the holes, and into the bucket. I use cheap wire shelving that you can get at walmart/lowes/homedepot/almost anywhere.

+1

thats how i have mine just a few different things though. a shallower tub for the water to initially fall in then a drain system below that with a fresh water supply next to it. and i also have clear plastic about a foot away from the sides to catch spray water and direct it to the drainage. i have a zilla cage and i took the plastic bottom off and installed screen mesh.

when you have drilled the holes in put a fine mesh over the holes and put some stones in not only will this help with humidity but lets the water drain away two in one.

We've got the dripper set to drop
Over two plants and those two plants are sat in
A cat litter tray n that gets emptied twice a day.

It can be frustrating!! It took me a little while to solve the issue.. Drilling holes on the bottom and put the cage on a stand should solve it..
IMG_5690.jpg

It can be frustrating!! It took me a little while to solve the issue.. Drilling holes on the bottom and put the cage on a stand should solve it..
IMG_5690.jpg

Thanks for the pic, what I wound up doing was buying a concrete mixing tub with a brass attachment and sealed with silicone. Then the brass piece connected with a hose drains into a bucket

I designed and built my own cages to overcome this problem. I raised the floor of the cage by 10cm, put 3mm PVC foamboard for the bottom that flexes under the weight of the plants. I drilled small holes in the foamboard and put cat litter trays underneath to catch the water. They work perfectly!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/att...aphy/47897d1327266785-fired-faly-dscf0086.jpg

You can see the cat litter trays underneath the cages. I live in Europe by the way, hence having a back and sides to help with heat and humidity, mesh front and roof.

Wow Benson I like it very clean organized set up. Very jealous.

As far as drainage I replace the pcv bottom with a plywood board covered in fine mesh screen so I don't loose crickets water can go through into tub and wood holds weight. I also put some heat cable/tape in through out the tub so it heats the water and evaporates back up into cage as humidity bonus. I cover the area around the bottom of the cage as a skirt with corrugated plastic to lock in the humidity so it can only go up!
Exchange drained water Into clean humidity ;)

Back
Top Bottom