Cage décor help

pantherkid2

Established Member
What do you guys use to fill your chams cage up.. I just purchased a 24 24 48 cage and it's really big.. I'm going to put a ficus in there but about how many jungle vines I will need to create enough pathways for him to move around..And if there's anything else I can put in there you guys tell me..

instead of jungle vines, use green/black/brown coated wires. use LOTS. i use scheffy, because it fills up the cage, and grows fast. im also getting a draceana soon.

instead of jungle vines, use green/black/brown coated wires. use LOTS. i use scheffy, because it fills up the cage, and grows fast. im also getting a draceana soon.

wire is too skinny, they need different sized things to grab onto

i use 8 small exoterra bio vines twisted upon its self in a double helix fashion giving them different sized areas to grab on the same vine. i have a 2x2x5 (LxWxH) with a corn tree/ ficus/ phoenix palm. also i put in fake vines around the sides i purchased them from hobby lobby for 3$ a piece, and they have held up better than the exoterra plants. they are silk. so depending on the way you ficus looks, and what else you have in there will depend on this. My goal was to stock it full to replicate the wild, and the bigger reason so they wouldnt ever walk on the screen. (they sleep on the screen though) So i managed to achieve my goals on that

wire is too skinny, they need different sized things to grab onto

i use 8 small exoterra bio vines twisted upon its self in a double helix fashion giving them different sized areas to grab on the same vine. i have a 2x2x5 (LxWxH) with a corn tree/ ficus/ phoenix palm. also i put in fake vines around the sides i purchased them from hobby lobby for 3$ a piece, and they have held up better than the exoterra plants. they are silk. so depending on the way you ficus looks, and what else you have in there will depend on this. My goal was to stock it full to replicate the wild, and the bigger reason so they wouldnt ever walk on the screen. (they sleep on the screen though) So i managed to achieve my goals on that

nice, i idnt know you could use those palms, im defenatly dona get one! itl look great him climbing up the trunk of it!!

nice, i idnt know you could use those palms, im defenatly dona get one! itl look great him climbing up the trunk of it!!

make sure you get one that has strong limbs so he can climb it. i had to sort through a few to find one that had a little less growth, for more limb strength.

Natural Branches

Coated how? Like with rubber electrical wiring? I would advise against that because I read some labels on my lamp kits that warned against extensive handling of the wires.

I like to use natural branches. Go trim a tree (check against toxic plant list) and make your custom perches easily. You can wash them up a little. You don't need to go crazy on sterilization, unless you have OCD and must do it. Either way you can clip new ones every time you need replacements. Use a little hacksaw to cut it to fit and install them with thumbtacks through the outside of your screened cage.

No wire, no rubber and no nasty bendable vine foam absorbing chameleon fecies that cannot be cleaned out. Save your money.

Coated how? Like with rubber electrical wiring? I would advise against that because I read some labels on my lamp kits that warned against extensive handling of the wires.

I like to use natural branches. Go trim a tree (check against toxic plant list) and make your custom perches easily. You can wash them up a little. You don't need to go crazy on sterilization, unless you have OCD and must do it. Either way you can clip new ones every time you need replacements. Use a little hacksaw to cut it to fit and install them with thumbtacks through the outside of your screened cage.

No wire, no rubber and no nasty bendable vine foam absorbing chameleon fecies that cannot be cleaned out. Save your money.

thats the cheapest way and wont look bad at all, but my chams dont poop on the vines the both have designated bathrooms at the bottom where the stick there bottom over the vine, and its bombs away to the screen floor after that! so i guess thats cham Dependant, but branches would be nice if you can get some good sized ones

Back
Top Bottom