Cage conversion question

Mamabear42

Hi,

I recently lost my bearded dragon and I have a 45 gallon tank with a hinge lid on it. I've been reading the pros and cons of screen and glass cages as well... My question is: has anyone taken a glass aquarium, turned it on it's end and added a screen front to it?? I figured it would work for a baby and maybe a juvenile chameleon until a larger unit could be made.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Is width of a tank as important as height for them?? Maybe I could add a screened portion to the top instead

Height is more important as chameleons are arboreal, pretty sure a standard 45G aquarium is only 12 inches wide which is not enough, minimum you want to go is 18 inches wide for a female or smaller species. Recommended width being 24 inches. Your better off ditching the aquarium idea as its just going to be problematic. Better off buying a proper screen enclosure or making your own with desires dimensions like i do.

Sounds good! Thanks for the information. I've been reading a bunch of stuff but it get overwhelming too. I want to get as much information as possible before I decide on anything!

Back
Top Bottom