Cage cleaning!!!>>

suncei

Hello,

I was hoping that I could get some tips on how to properly clean and maintain my terrarium?

I have a ficus plant, the bendable "fake" twigs and real branches which I baked in the oven for 30 min to sterilize. I dont have my panther yet but when I am ready to get him I'd like to know...

how to clean the cage..(cleaning products?)
and how often to clean the cage?

I am looking for the cheapest and best possible solutions ;)

thanks
christian

by the way im going hiking so i will be back later tonight to reply to the posts :D

I will normally just wipe with a moist paper towel everyday, my guys thankfully poo in the plants so it makes cleaning my cages pretty easy. Every few months I will take everything out, shower the cages and clean with hot soapy water. Just rinse everything off real good. :D

P.s. Are you going to get that Ambanja ?

Dont use any chemicals.. I put paper towels at the bottom of the cage in order to pick up feces. Every two weeks I take the cages out and wash with water and scrub the with a brush, but absolutely no chemicals.

I find after removal of solids that steam cleaning works well on the cage and its furnitings,
especially good for removing poo from branches and vines etc. Likewise dripper resevoir is
cleaned using sand and water, dripper lines replaced as ness.
Plants just go outside and can be washed with soapy water and rinsed.
This is once a week thing.
Daily spot cleaning to remove dead leaves, shed skin, poo etc also provides opportunity
to observe lizards closely for anything out of the ord. :)

Hello,

I am looking for the cheapest and best possible solutions ;)

:D

sounds like my dates:D

I spot clean as much as possible "daily" or every other picking up poo.Clean out dead or uneaten feeders . Wipe down with peroxide every so often and vinegar/ water solution when needed.
Full cleaning I wash out with dish soap and wipe down peroxide, rinse with pressure hose. As needed.

I use straight 3 % Hydrogen Peroxide to clearify that without mixing.
My methods really dont cost me anything extra since I do have all these items regularly anyways.
tomorrow is big cleaning day which Im not looking forward to.

I will normally just wipe with a moist paper towel everyday, my guys thankfully poo in the plants so it makes cleaning my cages pretty easy. Every few months I will take everything out, shower the cages and clean with hot soapy water. Just rinse everything off real good. :D

P.s. Are you going to get that Ambanja ?

hey Hugh

yea it looks like a ambanja 6-7 month old panther!!! cage is almost done im awaiting a auto- mister and lights which have alraedy been ordered.... im actually stopping by the guys house today to take a look at the Cham, his setup, and purchase any things that im missing from him!

should have it soon!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS !!!!

PEACE
CHRISTIAN

hey Hugh

yea it looks like a ambanja 6-7 month old panther!!! cage is almost done im awaiting a auto- mister and lights which have alraedy been ordered.... im actually stopping by the guys house today to take a look at the Cham, his setup, and purchase any things that im missing from him!

should have it soon!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS !!!!

PEACE
CHRISTIAN

awesome dude post some pic if and when you get him :)

Back
Top Bottom