Cage Cleaning

Campy

How do you all go about cleaning your cages? how often?

and how do you go about keeping hte cages the same so they do not get stressed out...

my cage is all broken sticks that i got from outside, some fake plants that i wired in with paperclips to the screen . and i have 2 plants... a Schefflera (umbrella plant), and some other one . a big greened leaf one . (they are both small) .

i bought another fake plant to wire into the cage so it will get it greener and what not . make him feel more at home . I also bought him one of those branches that can bend all directions and such . I want to remove some of the branches in his cage and make it look a bit nicer .

How do you all go about cleaning your cages? how often?

and how do you go about keeping hte cages the same so they do not get stressed out...

my cage is all broken sticks that i got from outside, some fake plants that i wired in with paperclips to the screen . and i have 2 plants... a Schefflera (umbrella plant), and some other one . a big greened leaf one . (they are both small) .

i bought another fake plant to wire into the cage so it will get it greener and what not . make him feel more at home . I also bought him one of those branches that can bend all directions and such . I want to remove some of the branches in his cage and make it look a bit nicer .

i bring my cages out side and let my animals sit on a plant while i clean thier cages...i clean the cages by takeing everything out, then taking the pvc bottom out a jet hosing it. i clean the cages like this once a week, but i also pic. out the poop every 2 days...

living in canada it's a bit cold to do such a thing .

i usually clean out my cage . once every couple weeks . im guessing i should do it a bit more often?

well, u could pick out the poops every day, that makes the big cleanings easier....i hate to see what my chameleons left for me since ive been gone...i have my mom taking care of them, she wont clean tyhe cages though, lol!

i hear people bringing htem into the shower . but where do you put t hem? like . i would think he would just try to wonder away . and fall . :( .

i hear people bringing htem into the shower . but where do you put t hem? like . i would think he would just try to wonder away . and fall . :( .

I have an older littler cage that i set them in, then i put a little ficus in the little cage, set it on the bottom of the shower and put the shower spray half against the wall and half on the cage (so its not to much on them). I let it get nice and humid and then i clean the big cage.

There are plenty of safe ways to use a shower stall to shower your chameleons. Here are a couple of mine enjoy some simulated downpours if you will...

Some love it...
Some hate it...
Most get used to it.

Male Red Bar Ambilobe Panther Chameleon
bath20al.jpg

An older retired female Ambanja Panther Chameleon Breeder (rip)
dsc0324xi6.jpg

dsc0325ce6.jpg

Some Wild Caught females bathing in a very thick Shefflera.
abb0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom