Cage Cleaning help

I have a veiled chameleon that I have had for almost 4 months now and its time for a full cleaning. I would have done it earlier but I would not know how to do it. The best option for me to do is to redecorate the cage but I am worried that he will get stressed out if I do. It would be very hard to make the cage look like it did. Would It stress him out. I don't want to stress him out to much. (btw i do spot clean the best I can)

I good deep cleaning is always a good thing the risk is greater if you don't. I do a full cleaning about once a month as well. Just let your Cham be for a bit and you will be fine.

I good deep cleaning is always a good thing the risk is greater if you don't. I do a full cleaning about once a month as well. Just let your Cham be for a bit and you will be fine.
Not only will you be fine, but chameleon will have a brand new set up to explore!! He'll be fine too!

I do a full cleaning once a month for my veiled. I rinse the artificial plants in the shower. I completely change the substrate, I wash the branches and spot clean the live plants. I also wipe down the enclosure with vinegar and water. Then redecorate afterwards. She does just fine with the process and exploring it after I put her back in is a form of enrichment.

Hi there everyone,

Where do you please put your chameleons when you're cleaning the cage out? I can imagine it to be a very stressful situation for them. :(

Thanks very much.
Abbey

Back
Top Bottom