Cage check

chamnoodle

Hey! If you've seen my other posts you know I was getting a new cage for my boy Patterson. I just wanted to make sure everything looks right and that I am not missing anything. And if you have any suggestions I would love to hear it! The plant I have in his cage is a corn plant. He has his bowl at the bottom where he eats his food. I have a TH 5O UVB hood and a heat light with 75w light bulb. All of the sticks are real except one and I had soaked all of them. There are some climbing areas in the back of the cage also. He has a basking area about 4 inches away from the heat light. Does it seem too crowded or is it ok that he has plenty of places to climb? And I got him a new cage because he is about 4-5 months old and started climbing the cage walls of his old one, and when I put him in the new one he seemed totally ok but when I walked in and started rearranging a few things in the room (Not his cage) he started climbing the walls a bit again....

Attachments

• IMG-2399.JPG
    IMG-2399.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG-2398.JPG
    IMG-2398.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-2401.JPG
    IMG-2401.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Hey there, great job on the new setup!
If there's one suggestion I can make, it would be to put the cage on top of a table or a stand. Chameleons like to be looking down on us, and they feel happier and safer from up high.

Is that your UVB lighting in the back? You would want to pull this forward to the middle of the enclosure or running diagonally. In the back like that it limits them being able to get close enough. With the T5HO and a 5.0 bulb you want branches 8-9 inches below this fixture for the cham to get the correct UVI exposure.

Oh and I’d like to add that I don’t think it’s too crowded at all. In fact, I’d bet that your chameleon would be even happier with more plants, as long as you keep an open area for basking that his/her whole body can fit (at the correct uv levels and temp). 😁

Is that your UVB lighting in the back? You would want to pull this forward to the middle of the enclosure or running diagonally. In the back like that it limits them being able to get close enough. With the T5HO and a 5.0 bulb you want branches 8-9 inches below this fixture for the cham to get the correct UVI exposure.
I was wondering about that, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom