Cage build supply’s

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I’m building a cage pretty soon it’s going to be 6ft tall 6ft wide 2 ft deep so I need to start saving for light etc. What uvb should I use a link would be great? Do I need multiple bc it’s so long? Do I need multiple heat lamps? Which heat lamp is best? And which light timer is the highest quality?
what do I need to water proof it or what do I need to treat the wood? My friend is a handyman and he’s helping me and my dad build this so he probably knows what to treat the wood with it would just be nice to know before hand. And what grow light?

Last edited:
Id say as for uvb your best bet would be too snag a 4 bulb 48” t5 hood by vivosun, not sure if your going to opt for live plants but that would make it so you could put two arcadia 6% tubes in for uvb across most the cage aswell as t5 plant grow lights, thats what i use atleast! I think a single heat source is adequate but two doesnt seem like itd hurt aslong as he can get away from the heat, any 60w incandescent bulb will work great for basking and as for a timer ive used 5+ Diff brands and styles, they all work quite similarly however if your looking to get down to the exact second id opt for a digital over analogue timer. From what ive read dry lok is the safest water proofing for reptiles.

Id say as for uvb your best bet would be too snag a 4 bulb 48” t5 hood by vivosun, not sure if your going to opt for live plants but that would make it so you could put two arcadia 6% tubes in for uvb across most the cage aswell as t5 plant grow lights, thats what i use atleast! I think a single heat source is adequate but two doesnt seem like itd hurt aslong as he can get away from the heat, any 60w incandescent bulb will work great for basking and as for a timer ive used 5+ Diff brands and styles, they all work quite similarly however if your looking to get down to the exact second id opt for a digital over analogue timer. From what ive read dry lok is the safest water proofing for reptiles.
Thankyou

Could u link me a grow light that will fit in that fixture

Could u link me a grow light that will fit in that fixture
no problem :), this is the fixture i like the most, comes w 6500k bulbs to grow plants so all you need is your arcadia tubes VIVOSUN T5 Grow Lights 4 ft, T5 Light Fixture Bulbs,

6500K HO Fluorescent Tubes, High-Output T5 Bulbs for Indoor Plants, UL Listed, 4 Bulbs, 8 ft Power Cord, 2 Hanging Cables, On/Off Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFT6S43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R4ZYPXKGCX1PW23JDBWP

no problem :), this is the fixture i like the most, comes w 6500k bulbs to grow plants so all you need is your arcadia tubes VIVOSUN T5 Grow Lights 4 ft, T5 Light Fixture Bulbs,

6500K HO Fluorescent Tubes, High-Output T5 Bulbs for Indoor Plants, UL Listed, 4 Bulbs, 8 ft Power Cord, 2 Hanging Cables, On/Off Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFT6S43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R4ZYPXKGCX1PW23JDBWP
So do you use this fixture to hold both uvb and grow light? Does it come with the bulbs?

I would recommend just getting everything from reputable sources like zoo med and arcadia I can drop a link to the 48" fixture with 5.0 bulb if you want

I would recommend just getting everything from reputable sources like zoo med and arcadia I can drop a link to the 48" fixture with 5.0 bulb if you want
I’m looking at the reviews and they look good. If I get this fixture it comes with the grow lights then I can buy a same size uvb to switch one of the plant lights. But I’ll wait till more people’s opinions

Attachments

• FC9DAE57-59EF-460C-A39A-9FA115FF23A0.png
    FC9DAE57-59EF-460C-A39A-9FA115FF23A0.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 176DDD2A-B413-4EDF-969A-A775CDB8F7D3.png
    176DDD2A-B413-4EDF-969A-A775CDB8F7D3.png
    227 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom