Cage bottom

JohnDoe

Established Member
What is the bottom of the cage that piece of plastic or what it is. I need to find a new one and am looking for alternatives that are water proof. We tried something and water proofed it but didnt get it all so any ideas would help greatly. And as always thanks for looking.

You could go to lowes or home depot and buy a piece of thin acrylic and cut it to size.

The piece that normally comes in cages is a sheet of PVC, likely 1.8" thick. You can find it at most places that sell plastic.

Bobby

You could go to lowes or home depot and buy a piece of thin acrylic and cut it to size.

Lowes carries the 3/16" acrylic in the 2 by 4 sheet will do 2 cages; you can cut it on a table saw.

I spray paint the bottom so you don't look down into the water trays, and use a squeegee to clean the bottom, right after a misting.

I never liked the white PVC, the stains ruin it IMHO.

Nick

Lowes carries the 3/16" acrylic in the 2 by 4 sheet will do 2 cages; you can cut it on a table saw.

I spray paint the bottom so you don't look down into the water trays, and use a squeegee to clean the bottom, right after a misting.

I never liked the white PVC, the stains ruin it IMHO.

Nick

Yeah thats why I hated the PVC bottom. It did not allow for drainage unless you drilled through it, and on top of that, the crap stains did not come out partly due to the type of PVC on the bottom being somewhat flexible and porous.

Yeah thats why I hated the PVC bottom. It did not allow for drainage unless you drilled through it, and on top of that, the crap stains did not come out partly due to the type of PVC on the bottom being somewhat flexible and porous.

Once you do plexiglas, you never go back.....:D

Back
Top Bottom