cage background paint

oldmann

Building my first cage for my first Cham. Decided to make a solid back out of quarter inch plywood to protect the wall from water. Lucky for me my wife has a friend that dabbles in painting pictures. I gave her a few pictures off the internet and told her to do something basic. I already had the board painted the solid green like the rest of my wooden frame for protection. I like what she has done a lot. Will post more pictures of the finished cage when complete. The board is 2 foot by 4 foot.

032911951637[00].jpg

That's really cool I love the way backgrounds look. I'm hoping my baby colors up really well like it's father because I'm planning on buying a Bob Marley poster to use as his cage background. When he gets older he is supposed to be Rasta colors; red, green, and yellow so I named him Ziggy Marley (like Bob Marley's son). I thought it was a cute name :)

I shall pass along the comments to the artist. She will be flattered. It by no means is fine art but it is very cool indeed.

Everyone knows someone that is an aspiring artist. Ask around and you will find someone. Contact the high school art teacher. They might help.

I personally have zero art skills. I even have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler.:D

It is acrylic water based paint. It will be another two weeks before I an ready to pick up my Cham. Thanks for the advice.

It is acrylic water based paint. It will be another two weeks before I an ready to pick up my Cham. Thanks for the advice.

Make sure you seal that with something then unless you want that acrylic to get washed off by misting and drippers! I use acrylics a lot and they are super susceptible to washing away with any water. You'll have paint flakes and goo at the bottom of your cage in no time once you start misting. Best to preserve your friend's work by sealing it with something! :)

Back
Top Bottom