Cage 1.5

froggielog

Established Member
I would have called this cage 2.0 but my dad keeps teasing me because we still kept the same cage (with some tiny holes and such) and didn't buy a new one

I have no green thumb or fingers for any matter so after killing quite a number of umbrella plants, I decided to go with a hibiscus for now. I have another hanging pothos to put out once I rid it of fungus gnats.

How does it look? I took inspiration from Maxttus cage stand and used vinyl tile as the floor base. Hopefully the plant will drain the major amounts of water and I can just wipe up any excess.
Also I added a grow light to hopefully keep this plant alive.

Fingers crossed it goes well, we finished it last night and moved Oliver back in today. :)

Attachments

• phoato.jpg
    phoato.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 176
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 172
I would have called this cage 2.0 but my dad keeps teasing me because we still kept the same cage (with some tiny holes and such) and didn't buy a new one

I have no green thumb or fingers for any matter so after killing quite a number of umbrella plants, I decided to go with a hibiscus for now. I have another hanging pothos to put out once I rid it of fungus gnats.

How does it look? I took inspiration from Maxttus cage stand and used vinyl tile as the floor base. Hopefully the plant will drain the major amounts of water and I can just wipe up any excess.
Also I added a grow light to hopefully keep this plant alive.

Fingers crossed it goes well, we finished it last night and moved Oliver back in today. :)

if you had trouble keeping your' plants alive then you'll have even more problems with a hibiscus. they need more light then the umbrella plants do.

Good luck with the hibiscus! I think they are worse to keep than the umbrellas. Flowering plants indoors are tough but the grow light should help. I never used a grow light, so that was probably most of my problem!!

I have two hibiscus plants in Rebels cage and they are thriving. No flowers yet but new leaves. I do have a 6500 K CFL for my plants and the cage is next to a large window. Great thing about the hibiscus is that my veiled munches on it and I feed some of the leaves to my bearded dragon.

I can't keep the plants alive either...It makes me laugh that the lizard is alive and thriving, but the dumb plants keep dying :rolleyes:

I can't keep the plants alive either...It makes me laugh that the lizard is alive and thriving, but the dumb plants keep dying :rolleyes:

Haha I totally understand.

I think my biggest problem was drainage (which hopefully is fixed) :rolleyes: and then those stupid fungus gnats (which are now gone, praying forever)

Good luck with the hibiscus! I think they are worse to keep than the umbrellas. Flowering plants indoors are tough but the grow light should help. I never used a grow light, so that was probably most of my problem!!

Umbrellas over water too easily for use in chameleon keeping, in my opinion.

Hibiscus is great! You just need a wicked amount of light. ;)

Haha I totally understand.

I think my biggest problem was drainage (which hopefully is fixed) :rolleyes: and then those stupid fungus gnats (which are now gone, praying forever)

I remember when you first joined little froggie, youve come along way. Good job. ;)

You may want to get another 6500k for that hibiscus though, that, or keep another outside, and rotate them.

I have a real major issue with you covering up that awesome looking painting of Rabbit...

Other than that, carry on...

Umbrellas over water too easily for use in chameleon keeping, in my opinion.

Hibiscus is great! You just need a wicked amount of light. ;)

I remember when you first joined little froggie, youve come along way. Good job. ;)

You may want to get another 6500k for that hibiscus though, that, or keep another outside, and rotate them.

I have a real major issue with you covering up that awesome looking painting of Rabbit...

Other than that, carry on...

Oh geeze my parents won't let me repaint! I'm stuck with pooh bear on my walls, it's so embarrassing xD

As for the second bulb are there any better ones I should get? I got a pretty cheap one at Home Depot that said plant and aquarium but I who knows how long that will last, I guess preferiably 18", that's the size of my fixture.

Oh geeze my parents won't let me repaint! I'm stuck with pooh bear on my walls, it's so embarrassing xD

As for the second bulb are there any better ones I should get? I got a pretty cheap one at Home Depot that said plant and aquarium but I who knows how long that will last, I guess preferiably 18", that's the size of my fixture.

Pooh bear is wicked awesome...enjoy being young though...and Pooh bear, as long as you can.

Well, Id recommend a linear 6500k. If you already have a linear 6500k, then I mean to say, I recommend another. To clarify, I intend to let you know, that I think you should be running 2x6500k linear bulbs, 1x75w household white bulb, and 1x5.0 UVB bulb.

That is what I think would serve you best...

Back
Top Bottom