C. o’shaughnessyi hatching!!!

A848E856-A475-4E55-AFA8-AC9F167FAEB2.jpeg
Here’s the difference between two month and fourteen month old O’shaunessy eggs. Granted, the two month eggs are CB and successfully laid, but aren’t guaranteed fertile yet.

Gene

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! Well done. Terrific job. This is one of the least commonly seen species of the Parsonii group in captivity. I have not heard of anyone outside of Madagascar hatching any kind of clutches from this species (CBB or CH) until this clutch. Again great job!

This clutch did require a diapause in the 50F's.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thanks Jeremy! Yep, mid-50’s did it.

Look at the growth on those eggs. Calumma parsonii parsonii have got giant eggs. These Calumma oshaughnessyi eggs are not to shabby with regards to growth to eggs size considering that the adults mature into much smaller adults than adult Calumma parsonii parsonii. The Parsonii group (or Calumma oshaughnessyi) are definitely a stout group of chameleons especially with regards to incubating eggs. Thank for posting pictures.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is the coolest thing chameleon-wise I've seen in a looooong time...other than Craig's cristifer babies.
Thanks Kevin! I’ve been stoked on any and all progress with unestablished species. parsonii, cristifer, campani, quadricornis ssp., minor or whatever. Nothing is guaranteed with chameleons and they could dissappear forever at anytime like we’ve seen before. Speaking of which, what if I told you I have a LTC WC female cristatus that needs to get into a breeding situation before she gets any older?
98D0636C-23BD-49B6-B533-B92378FC5174.jpeg
0090B1DB-EBBC-4C43-909B-86735A6E525C.jpeg

Congrats Gene! He looks healthy with all that attitude! Good luck with the rest of the eggs.
How are your quads doing?
Thanks Tylene! Can’t believe how much attitude can fit in such a small package! Quads are doing well. I just got a few hatchlings from a female that was imported back in 2014 that I still have. She’s only averaging 3-4 good eggs from her small clutches but at least she’s giving me something to work with. She has another 3 eggs due to hatch along side of another unrelated clutch in a month or so. I have those two plus a third female’s clutch that was just laid incubating. All have some wild blood if not completely unrelated anything else here. Time will tell. Most are WCs and getting up there in age. How about yours?

I have a couple male Quads and three females, two are cousins both crossed with different wc and an unrelated teenager. Plus my original female, she's getting up there in age. I have a good size clutch to hatch in July and both adult females are gravid, so I should have some babies this summer and again around Christmas, if all goes well.

I also have a Cristifer from Craig who is doing great. And a 9 year old deremensis!

I have a couple male Quads and three females, two are cousins both crossed with different wc and an unrelated teenager. Plus my original female, she's getting up there in age. I have a good size clutch to hatch in July and both adult females are gravid, so I should have some babies this summer and again around Christmas, if all goes well.

I also have a Cristifer from Craig who is doing great. And a 9 year old deremensis!
Good to hear! Keep me posted and maybe we can help each other out soon. Knock wood of course. I have a grumpy old deremensis as well! Young adult import that I’ve had for about 5-6 years now. Still loves to show his dere-aire whenever he gets a chance.
90CB83E8-18CE-440B-A57E-35184B251BFD.jpeg

After all these years, he still hasn’t run out of stink eye.

7CFB793F-6D7A-449D-B5A8-9C00106B7DD1.jpeg
E6BD7F3E-BC55-428E-A35F-B74EE7BA905A.jpeg
Good to hear! Keep me posted and maybe we can help each other out soon. Knock wood of course. I have a grumpy old deremensis as well! Young adult import that I’ve had for about 5-6 years now. Still loves to show his dere-aire whenever he gets a chance.
View attachment 207257
After all these years, he still hasn’t run out of stink eye.
This guy was a cb, gets cranky too

Thanks Kevin! I’ve been stoked on any and all progress with unestablished species. parsonii, cristifer, campani, quadricornis ssp., minor or whatever. Nothing is guaranteed with chameleons and they could dissappear forever at anytime like we’ve seen before. Speaking of which, what if I told you I have a LTC WC female cristatus that needs to get into a breeding situation before she gets any older?
View attachment 207243 View attachment 207244

I would say message me on Facebook ASAP! :)

9EC47349-16B0-4108-978E-B99B35095045.jpeg

7 out, 4 pipped. I’ll try to get better pics soon. Super skittish babies and I don’t want to stress them out. Very defensive and eager to fling themselves. Frustrating getting them out of the incubation container but I like seeing the fight in them!

7 out, 4 pipped. I’ll try to get better pics soon. Super skittish babies and I don’t want to stress them out. Very defensive and eager to fling themselves. Frustrating getting them out of the incubation container but I like seeing the fight in them!

Gene

That is great news! Continue to keep everyone here on the Chameleon Forums posted.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Very big congratulations on this amazing accomplishment. I am excited to see how these babies progress with you. Keep the updates coming.

This last image gives me so much more perspective on the tiny size of the campani babies that @jajeanpierre recently hatched.

Back
Top Bottom